Skip to content

Discuss This Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade

Nicky Hayden’s Aspar squad has conceded that its underpowererd new production Honda RCV1000R is unlikely to receive a motor upgrade until the fourth race of 2014 at the earliest. A lack of acceleration and top speed was quickly identified as a big weakness of the new RCV1000R, which is Honda’s entry in the new Open category, designed specifically to bolster grid...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 171 days ago (04 April 2014 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hey Tets..

..how the fk are yuz, dingo breath..still practicing on that monkey bike?

Nothing changes is right pal..you're still a chump, especially if you think bikes have bigger carbon foot prints than cars.

Next time you're in jail, convict..and have to stay away from the forum a while, try and use the time wisely to educate yourself.

Give my love to the missus..again..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Carbon what?

Hahahah. 

"especially if you think bikes have bigger carbon foot prints than cars."

Never said anything about carbon footprint.  I was pointing out your claim that bikes are relatively green compared to cars is bollocks.

Sounds like you did a bit of research and now you've changed your tune.  Not the first time I've had to school ya.

As usual, you're welcome.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Correctionally challenged..

School..you actually went to SCHOOL?

Over here in civilisation..we call the type of establishment you were brought up in, a Zoo.

Are you seriously trying to tell us, all those gas guzzling V8 ute's you drive - to hide the fact you have small penises - are more environmentally friendly than motorcycles?..because that's what green means, daftlad.

Oh dear..how sad..never mind..   

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

To the back of remedial class for you

You really didn't know?  Almost all motorbikes do not have catalytic converters, where almost all cars (don't know about those old Russian jobs) do.

So, while my bike's engine is only a quarter of my car's and consumes half the fuel per km, it throws out much much more in terms of pollution.  Fun they are but green they ain't.

Sorry (not really) to bust your hippy bubble, moonbeam.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Sweet silence

is all the thanks I need from you, Wosi.  That, and knowing that you know you've shot your mouth off and made yourself look like a retard (again).

Easy fun, but still a guilty pleasure.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ok sharp shit..

Let's forget the carbon footprint and that It doesn't take as much metal, plastic, glass or rubber to make a motorcycle, that cars have far more components that must be transported to factories from a variety of sources. 

Also that cars require a much larger infrastructure than motorcycles. They need massive parking lots and wide roads. Although forests remove carbon from the atmosphere, loggers must cut them down to create space for this infrastructure. Every night, people use a great deal of electricity to illuminate parking garages and huge car dealerships.

Forget all that and we'll stick to emissions..a bike produces more Carbon Monoxide, once it's built, using a much smaller engine.

You're agreeing then with wosi when he says, manufacturers aren't really serious about emissions..and that Honda are using electronics in MotoGP under the pretence the technology is trickle down and green?

Nice one..I've been saying that for years.

The MotoGP electronics R&D card is a red herring, a smokescreen or just plain bullshit.

I fankyuz..

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Hahahaha

As I alluded to last time you mentioned carbon footprint (because I understand the difference between emissions and carbon footprint), that's NOT what you were talking about.  Emissions was exactly what you were talking about and you were wrong wrong wrong.

Nice to see that you took the time to educate yourself, but not before you exposed your retardation.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Funny wasn't it..

The only thing you could pick out of my comment was the Car v Bike 'green' bit.

Then, in your haste to disagree with wosi - because it's your default position - you forget the context it was presented in, and this is a MotoGP thread..and you end up inadvertently supporting his view.

Who's the retard?

Hahaha..now hush your mouth and off to bed.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

The spec Dorna ECU is programmable for all teams, it has to be as different engine configurations are used. Ducati have programmed their software into it, and come 2015 both Yamaha and Honda will do the same when it becomes the control ECU that all must use. The satellite teams and privateers will be able to use the factories software programmes that will be part of the Dorna ECU in 2015, and when that happens the extra fuel offered now will not be needed. The extra fuel is being offered now to boost preformance until the spec Dorna ECU is programmed by all factories.

The satellite and privateer teams may need to employ some new geeks to understand and utilise all the spec ECU's factory team programmes, but all bikes will have the same ECU and access to every programme dialled into it.

That's the way I see it, someone tell me if I'm wrong without resorting to base level insults, so that's you out Wosi.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Steve..

you're wrong ya fkin idiot..as always.

Go and polish your cowboy boots and leave intelligent debate to the adults.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices