Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha eager to secure Rossi and Lorenzo deals MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha eager to secure Rossi and Lorenzo deals

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha eager to secure Rossi and Lorenzo deals

Yamaha says it is poised to kick off detailed contract renewal discussions with Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo. With Honda admitting last month that it plans fresh talks to lure Lorenzo off a YZR-M1 for 2015, Yamaha will act swiftly to ensure its most prized asset in MotoGP commits to a new two-year deal. While Yamaha is also keen to offer a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 167 days ago (04 April 2014 10:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

There's quite a field to choose from Mr Velo

so Valentino is a great brand for us and hopefully we can attract people of his level in the future, "said Velo.

No end of riders capable of ousting the Terrapin from his nr.4 ranking.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Nostro

I wonder when they will arrive (and show it)? 

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Spanish Domination

I have got no problem with the amount of Spaniards in the championship, they have got an incredible setup over there which allows a lot of talent to get spotted. Which is why a lot of the grid is Spanish. 

However, when sponsors start asking for riders of a certain nationality it is not good for the sport. Surely the sponsors should want their team to win? Regardless of what country the rider is from! Like Movistar has said they are an international company and most of their business is from outside of Spain, so why say they would like a Spanish rider? 

I just want to see some other riders get a chance if they have the talent.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

luckofthewelsh

Agreed!  

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I don't think it's quite as cut and dried as that LoTW

Whilst all three of the Aliens are Spanish then they're spoilt for choice. The back up brigade looks pretty healthy too, both in MotoGP and the sub classes.

It's a balancing act for sponsors. If their major market is X country then I can understand their desire to have X nationality on board. But if X country doesn't have the rider(s) up to the task the sponsor is also going to want the media coverage a top rider will provide their company. Pragmatism must come to play at some point, although it didn't when Ducati CEO del Torchio & the Marlboro man signed the Terrapin!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nostro

You are still blinded for your dislike of VR46 - Lets hope he is up the front with MM.  Because if it's left to the MM, DP and JL.  they just like to follow each other, and make one pass then go.  think back to 2010 to 2012 = boring racing.  Well that what was all was saying on here!!

get over it, Rossi is still the most suported rider around the world.  But there is a changing of the guard taking place and MM will be the future of MotoGP for the next few years until the next young up-start comes along

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The wind of change doth blow

and the old guard must go

and what will dear Nostro do then poor thing

he'll sit in the stands

with his head in his hands

and wish for the return of dear Flo

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Nostro

I do agree with you, the top riders are all Spanish so it isn't going to be a problem for awhile. What i am fearful of however is a Spanish lockout in the future. If all the main sponsors become sponsors we will be looking at factory rides only being given to other riders, possibly at the expense of losing some untapped talent. I understand that they would want to encourage Spanish riders as that is where the companies are from, but there needs to be a point where other nationalities get a chance as well. 

More than that though, what we need is British sponsors in the MotoGP paddock!

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Correction

"If all the main sponsors become sponsors...." oh dear, proof reading is a valuable tool!

What i meant to say is if all the main sponsorships are taken by Spanish companies we will be looking at factory rides only being given to other Spanish riders.

Wow that last post of mine really was littered with mistakes, need to stop taking pills from unlabelled bottles......

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Spain's in deep recession. Don't worry about their companies, for the vast majority sponsoring a motogp team is the least of their problems.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices