Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha eager to secure Rossi and Lorenzo deals MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha eager to secure Rossi and Lorenzo deals

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha eager to secure Rossi and Lorenzo deals

Yamaha says it is poised to kick off detailed contract renewal discussions with Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo. With Honda admitting last month that it plans fresh talks to lure Lorenzo off a YZR-M1 for 2015, Yamaha will act swiftly to ensure its most prized asset in MotoGP commits to a new two-year deal. While Yamaha is also keen to offer a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 202 days ago (04 April 2014 10:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

firebird

stoner never put much input into the honda
dani did all the hard work before he arrived much like ducati did all the hard work in 07.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

panny, the bikes don't ride themselves you know.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

madmen and welshmen

The persistant droning purely for attention is bordering on insanity,ignore the vermin dont make their life worthwhile by responding please ,the threads are bad enough without this cretins input

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

CH987

It's not "the Bridgestone", being smooth is the ONLY way to go fast using his style, his chassis and his settings, everyone racing 50, 125, 250, 350 (or having done so) knows it.

Also, his chassis doesn't like harsh transitions, he can't brake as hard as Rossi used to on the M1, his tyres won't have the same amount of heat in them, he CANT accelerate as hard as Rossi or even more so Marquez, the chassis won't let him, if he looses the rear, the front will depart, there is not enough weight in there to allow for good steering authority, to do that, you need a front that is loaded, "planted" like the Honda or Rossi's M1.

And yes, his style predates Kenny Roberts by as long as people have been doing road racing, K.R is the NEW style, he introduced the concept that the (rear) tyre limit was not the limit but that a bike could be ridden 110%.

I nearly forgot, Roberts, Lawson and Rainey were rather smooth too, but more because of precision in order to hit the same line and be consistent, they still were sliding it, a guy like Schwantz or Gardner would look riding like they were crazy in comparison, they were not crazy, the bikes were wild.

pannyderosa: I don't want to look like confrontational, but before Pedrosa, Honda started to develop bikes according to their own strength, engines, and it started with E.T Akka Freddie Spencer.

Gardner, Doohan even Lawson were all good at back-wheel steering and these were monsters compared to the 4 strokes.

What Honda does today with their bikes are Honda, that's the way they know how to design bikes and Stoner was only one guy who could ride them this way.

I have no opinion on Pedrosa other that he have room for improvement at this level, i personally think he is better than Lorenzo even so he didn't win a title yet, but that is just an opinion.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

doohanfan

You lost the plot LONG ago when you chose to argue on a subject you know too little.

Everyone knows Yamaha designed the M1 around Lorenzo style since Rossi went away, how and why including trying to revert to Rossi's bikes using their parts both in 2010 and 2013.

So you can try to turn the FACTS around and spin them all you want, what Roberts said of the 2011 M1 is related to the way Lorenzo wanted the bike and it have been so until the 2014 prototype roll out where changes were introduced to correct issues known since.

The new Swing arm designed for improving Lorenzo confidence in corners was tested 4th May 2011 and introduced at Le Mans 11 days later, Roberts tested the M1 in July, HE is spot on, YOU are plain WRONG, get over it.

I don't give a damned of your opinion, it is that of a guy who haven't got a clue about chassis, tyres, and apparently have no racing experience either, if you have had any of that you wouldn't keep arguing about it since it is reality for everyone who have ridden fast enough to make sense of it.

I'm done with you and your psychopathic insistence into arguing about stuff you can't even start to comprehend, go learn it and leave my posts alone, it's way above your knowledge base.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

CH987

To reply further to your post.

You can put the bike sideways during braking phase, same on the gas and still being smooth, the only difference here will be the suspension work and the way the bike will react to the weight transfer and changes of loads.

In some occasion you will see Lorenzo M1 "pumping" on its suspension on the gas because he likes apparently (judging by suspension movement) them not as hard as he would need them to be for steering the bike on the gas, it helps him limiting weight transfer by pitch movement and keep the geometry stable during phases as well (rear and front goes down, something i used on the YZF 1000), but not on the gas where the chain can pull the chassis and swing arm together by tension.
In Losail his bike was sometimes moving a lot under braking, he visibly didn't like at at all, his settings might have been different then.

A guy like Rainey wouldn't like the bike that stable even if he could back-wheel steer it because it wont give you any indication of what it does or where the limit really is especially on the gas.

Sometimes bike movement can be misleading into thinking one is not smooth, some bike requires a very specific way to be ridden, like the cantilever TZ or YZR would, (I didn't ride YZRs but 350 TZ and RDLCs both cantilevers and K.R comments made in 1979 in the French press helped me solve this issue) if you didn't start braking using the rear it would go @ss up the air and start waving from side to side, however smooth you would start braking.
The techniques used by Roberts were the best way to adapt to chassis and suspension which were nowhere near as good as they are now, regardless of their geometry of the time but they still work on better bikes.
Since i was using similar chassis i had to learn the same techniques, and geometry + weight distribution still dictates the way a bike needs to be ridden to be as fast as it can go, the problem being they do not all go as fast as another can.
Now that you mentioned the 3 phases, you can understand that on many tracks you will loose more using corner speed than braking and acceleration, since it is only one phase out of 3.
 Yamaha best chassis were not the best but very good everywhere.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

DeGrassole, I asked what lap time Kenneth managed when he rode the M1?

Now I have to ask which yzr you rode because your comment indicates that you have?

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Bob Buttamasangy

As your head seems to be as full as your mouth of this material you seems to favour, i'd remind you that i never suggested i rode a YZR but bikes with similar chassis which, which, being cantilevers can only be TZ 350 or RDLC, both of which i have track experience, the similarity with the YZR being obviously the cantilever suspension and its effect on the chassis under braking. That's how i learned to brake properly with a Yamaha, from K.R comments back in 1979.

This, put back into the (much higher than your head can ever be) context of suspension meant that what Roberts was doing on his YZR 500 to get the most of it, also works on similar bikes and indeed in all Yamaha i took to tracks. i.e dragging the rear wheel to get both suspension to compress before using the front brake, therefore limiting pitch movement and weight transfer.

But obviously since as your prose suggest, you are much more into the subject of fecal material and/or being battered around the ring, than give attention on what is said about M-C, you wouldn't have noticed and even less comprehended.

And something else i can talk of the RCV without suggesting i have rode them the very same way, in technical terms.

As for K.R lap times, i don't see the relevance when you know this guy can get on it and tell you exactly what it does, how and why in only a few laps, which is not in your range of capability since you don't know a tenth of what he knows about bikes.

If you knew, you'd noticed that it doesn't take much speed to tell a chassis characteristics such as those he describes, like going from a Kawasaki 550 GT to a Honda Revere for a good courrier, generally the first time you brake and enters a turn already gives you some good indication and i'm sure that he drove it at a pace that would let you way behind, no problem.

Anything else i can do for your M-C education boy?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

given that you are French

de Grasse, which luminary of French bike racing are you that qualifies you to pass judgement on Jorge Lorenzo and/or Ramon Forcada? 

The most recent French riders of note that I can recall are Olivier Jacque and Sylvian Guintoli; I was/am a fan of both, and would prefer to see Sylvian win a WSBK title ahead of all others,  particularly in view of him having imo been shafted by Ducati in motogp after showing more signs than any other rider of being able to ride the Ducati a la Stoner. I somehow can't see either of them, from my knowledge of them, sitting in judgement of Jorge Lorenzo as you do, and nor would even they be qualified to do so were they so inclined.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Any more AKA's you'd like to add to that list?

There must be at least another half a dozen?  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices