Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha eager to secure Rossi and Lorenzo deals MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha eager to secure Rossi and Lorenzo deals

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha eager to secure Rossi and Lorenzo deals

Yamaha says it is poised to kick off detailed contract renewal discussions with Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo. With Honda admitting last month that it plans fresh talks to lure Lorenzo off a YZR-M1 for 2015, Yamaha will act swiftly to ensure its most prized asset in MotoGP commits to a new two-year deal. While Yamaha is also keen to offer a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 173 days ago (04 April 2014 10:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

very definitely not

you Huw, far too unintelligent for that, and not Wosi either, whom I would never ever accuse of being humourless, and is similarly disqualified on the grounds of being far too intelligent.

You have set the parameters De Grasse, Valentino needs to win the championship this year or lose by less than 3 points to prove your case. I don't deny the possibility of him doing so, and if he does so at age 35  it will surpass all his previous achievements as well as Agostini's last championship on a Yamaha. If he doesn't, it  still won't mean Jorge or anyone else was better than a 25 year old Rossi.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

doohanfan

Who talks about unintelligent here? If it was not your case you'd understood a long time ago that you're just making a damned fool of yourself talking of your @ss.

Take a hike, Forcada himself says of Lorenzo that he is not technical at all, everyone can see his style is causing him trouble when grip is low, at Yamaha Racing they say so, when Marquez still can win GPs on hard tyres, i never mentioned Forcada negatively nor have i mentioned Lorenzo first lap crash, you invent yourself, stuff boy.

Again, facts speaks for themselves, Yamaha changed the M1 to correct issues known since he was No1, Rossi was one of the best on the brakes and on the gas, he adapted to the Yamaha and helped develop it into a winner which they havent done since Rainey.

Lorenzo could ride HIS Yamaha as well, in 2011/13, the M1 was loosing on the Honda there and on the gas because of Jorge's technical direction, you don't like this? Though, now fcuk off.

You're out of my zone of interrest you're only spinning and twisting yourself to knots.

ChupaChump: Previous to ET? A lot of riders were at Honda but Spencer was for them the equivalent of Roberts at least when it comes to style and results.

After him, Gardner was also a guy who could slide the NSR, Doohan was probably the most influential of all, if i understood what they said of him, their telemetry showed that he was the most precise (100eme mm by memory?) on the gas.

It's all in the rider's wrist, this sensitivity on the throttle made all the difference and at Honda, Doohan was the best on the 500, with the 4 strokes it is totally different, they are much more friendly even at their wildest for the simple reason that the power strokes are divided by two and the number of moving part perhaps by 3 or even four. This increases inertia by a fair margin.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

So when was it

since his first year in motogp in 2008, that Lorenzo has had problems de Grasse?

I am still waiting for links to  KR's criticism of Jorge's riding style. I also await Rossi's victory in the world championship this year; the latter is at least possible. 

You provide evidence that you are qualified to criticise Jorge's riding style and I will provide evidence that I am more intelligent than you; again prima facie the latter is more likely than the former, whether or not I am at all intelligent. 

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Lorenzo can't ride on worn tyres.......derp,derp,derp CTRL+C, CTRL+V. I am the well of all knowledge and objectivity.....derp,derp,derp, CTRL+C, CTRL+V. Rossi developed the Yamaha single handedly...derp,derp,derp, CTRL+C, CTRL+V. Kenny Roberts....derpy,derp,derp, CTRL+C, CTRL+V. No wonder the whole world thinks frogs are like tampons.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

CBR11X

I'm sure you know about tampax more than bikes.

Had you bothered to read what Massimo Meregalli - Yamaha Factory Racing Team Director says of his style after the grip issues they had in Sepang: "At the end Valentino was able to make the fastest lap of the day. Jorge continued to have some difficulties, especially because of his riding style".

Not English enough for you bozzos?

Roberts said back in 1988: “That 250 style can get you on the pole, but when the tires are worn, you are f____d.”

Reason? Lack of grip, now you two ladies go and talk tampax and smoke your dope, it makes you stoopid but confident you know everything, you still can't hike it when it comes to M-C.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

as opposed de Grasse

to any day (I believe there are more than several in recent years) when Jorge had a faster time than Valentino, due to riding style, a particular circuit suiting that riding style, or any other factor, those days being of course entirely irrelevant.

Obviously KR is the prophet, and could foresee that an infant Jorge was pre-destined to have an inadequate riding style for any future premier class formula, whatever its nature, and Jorge winning a mere 2 premier class championships and 31 premier class races (thus far) only further proves his prescience.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

And still he dribbles on.

I didn't think anyone could out-buffoon Buelligan but the feckless frog has taken idiocy to uncharted heights.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

As opposed to me, troll.

You do not know what you're talking about, keep denying reality and are just posting out of attention grabbing habits by now, waste of time considering most intelligent people would indulge in the process of learning new things instead.

And when Jorge had better lap time than Valentino, in the whole of 2013 it was because Valentino was riding a bike no one else than Jorge could set up the way they wanted, so not only you're trolling you're also inventing yourself a fanboy reality.

In short you're not getting any better, after thinking that you know what edge tyre grip is i.e not related between 250 style in 1988 and now, then telling stories about what other says, in my case about Lorenzo first lap crash at Losail and an "opinion" on Forcada, you're deluded about the reason why Lorenzo might or not be faster than Rossi.

And for your info, K.R is the guy who changed the way M-C are ridden by the fastest guys on hearth, and when i mention them i am talking about guys who dominated Lorenzo big time, such as Stoner and Marquez and some of the most known pilot on hearth, all of which decided HIS way was the fastest, you want a list?

Lawson, Spencer, Rainey, Gardner, Schwantz, Doohan, Stoner, Rossi, Marquez. All uses K.R riding techniques and are as much if not much more talented than Lorenzo despite his two titles, and they wouldn't be slowed down with low grip the way he is for the same reason.

You not being able to tell tyre limit and wear, indicating that you're at the bottom of the food chain doesn't qualify you to tell different than what K.R might say about it and another thing, he doesn't need to tell anything about Lorenzo, he speaks of what impressess him and it's yet another one like him, Marc Marquez.

www.motogp.com/en/videos/2013/The+parallels+between+Roberts+and+Marquez

K.R introduced nearly every inovation there is in use on modern Yamaha sport bikes, he introduced a new style of riding bikes fast, he introduced a new way to work on bike set ups still used by Silvano Galbusera today, which i used myself from the moment i learned it from his comments back in 1979 btw.

So you little keyboard rider with absolutely NO understanding of the most basic thing can keep jumping up and down making noise with the end of yourself you may want to use for noise making, you're not in a position to make a difference. Say again? Your intention are unreadable. Sorry.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

JehovahsWitness

You can edit and delete you know, just go to My Profile/Forum Post/You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP >

There are 3 buttons at the bottom of each one of your posts, Delete, edit and Post Reply, i use it often enough because i am dyslexic with a keyboard and writing in English is not easy for me.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

i'm loving this new persona

Saint huw! Quite a disguise.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN