Skip to content

Discuss This Massimo Tamburini passes away General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Massimo Tamburini passes away

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Massimo Tamburini passes away

Massimo Tamburini, the legendary Italian designer of the iconic Ducati 916 and MV Agusta F4, has passed away at the age of 70. He was diagnosed with lung cancer in November 2013. Before designing the Ducati 916, Tamburini founded Bimota in 1973, along with Valerio Bianchi and Giuseppe Morri. The company would use Japanese engines and focus on improving the chassis....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 231 days ago (07 April 2014 09:57)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Sad news indeed

After Dr.T, Massimo Tamburini and Massimo Bordi carried the flag for Ducati in the design department. The 916 was an absolute revolution practically and aesthetically as a  sports bike\for the road. It is a pity that Ducati's next great, Fellipe Preziosi did not see his D16 make it to the street as a mass produced Ducati superbike materialise. Funding was always a bitch during his tenure.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

@truantray

To say that Japanese manufacturers copied his designs is very unfair - the Honda NR750 was a big influence on how the 916 looked - though Tamburini took the key components and took them to another level.

Reply to this Topic
DESMOHEAD

Aug 03

DESMOHEAD says:

The 916. The epitome of form and function. Not only aesthetically perfect but perfect on the race track too. When I first saw a 916 in the flesh in 1995, I knew I had to have one. Scrimpt and scraped and managed to finally afford to buy one in 1999. Still have it and it still makes me smile every time I take the cover off and every time I ride it. Thank you Massimo Tamburini and RIP maestro. 

Reply to this Topic
DESMOHEAD

Aug 03

DESMOHEAD says:

The 916. The epitome of form and function. Not only aesthetically perfect but perfect on the race track too. When I first saw a 916 in the flesh in 1995, I knew I had to have one. Scrimpt and scraped and managed to finally afford to buy one in 1999. Still have it and it still makes me smile every time I take the cover off and every time I ride it. Thank you Massimo Tamburini and RIP maestro. 

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

sad

i have 996 just got back after a ride what bike, RIP TM,the legends who have ridden the race bikes,RIP HONDA,

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

A man who has left a legacy of art in mechanical form. His like will not be seen again.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices