Skip to content

General A bit too fast.. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > A bit too fast..

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

A bit too fast..

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 166 days ago (07 April 2014 11:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Did you note

The very large "BRAKE" on the video.

Doubtless to be used by them to penalise bikes even more

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

A bit too fast?

Too fast + poor observation + zero forwarded planning = fcuked bike and body, no sympathy here.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

A bit fast... ?

Yes...  That was never going to end well..  :roll eyes:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Bit of an idiot

If he'd given the rear brake a slight dab and lent the bike over a bit more he'd quite easily have made that. If he had gone slower he almost certainly would have made it around aswell.

It's simply rider error due to poor road positioning, poor brake technique, target fixation and simply not riding within his limits.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

erm...a 'bit' fast !!??

...that's not filtering, that's asking for it............and getting it.

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

Is that really

filtering? Looks like kamikaze overtaking to me.  

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Defo not filtering....

.......that was a full attempt of overtaking when there is a junction to the left, the cars have stopped and probably flashed out the car from the junction and then the dickhead comes flying by...sorry but either your going to be aware of the junction and look or you get what happens in the video.
The main problem is that arseholes like this give us all a bad name, and yes i do overtake and sometimes at speed (lots of it) but not before assessing the situation first. Sometimes you cannot see but then that is exactly the time to be aware. Defo not filtering wrong heading that was a full on overtake.

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Not Filtering

Wouldn't even call it overtaking. More like utterly Reckless bordering on Dangerous riding:mad:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

not filtering

is exactly what I said when I saw it. There's a specific speed (I presume determined by case law) where it ceases to be filtering and becomes overtaking. I forget what it is but it's something odd like 24 or 27mph.

That is, as said above, asking for it and getting it. The message from the inspector there is one of the basic tenets of advanced riding (and should be included in basic riding as well) which is that your speed is determined by your ability to stop in the distance you can see to be clear.

I wonder just for how long that idiot was riding his luck before it ran out...

Proper observation would be impossible in that situation at that speed as whilst you're moving your eyes around and refocusing it'll be too late to do anything about any hazards you spot and you're liable to miss them as well. We've all been there where you've had to slow down simply because there's too much going on to keep an eye on it all at the same time.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices