You are in... Forums > General > General > My Dirty Little Secret

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ranorthe

Jul 10

ranorthe says:

My Dirty Little Secret

After 26 years of riding, all sorts of bikes big and small I took the plunge and added a Honda SCV100 scooter to my fleet.
I bloody love it! What a cracking little thing it is. I went out last night and did 35 miles round the peak district on it, cruising along at 40-45MPH and well in the groove.
I've done a bit in the past with C90s and this is very similar in that once you get your head round it, it's a very enjoyable place to be.
I like the fact the ability to stow waterproofs under the seat and the 100MPG doesn't hurt either.
The oil change, new plug, new air filter and tappet adjustment took less than an hour.
Has anybody else played with the "dark side"?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 145 days ago (07 April 2014 13:51)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

Piglet

Over to you.

Yes i had one (is the SCV the Lead) for a few month's for the back of the Motorhome.................and yes i loved nipping down to the villages for the baguette and morning paper on it.
Got a slightly bigger one now, a T-Max 530.

Have fun:smiley:

Reply to this Topic
ranorthe

Jul 10

ranorthe says:

Lead

Yes, the SCV100 is the "Lead".
I could probably get on with a 150-200cc scooter but one of the main attractions of the Lead for me is it's tiny dimensions and very light weight.
Some of the maxi-scooters are weighing nearly a quarter of a tonne!

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

The dark side

I have to confess....

I have a hankering for a Vespa.  Perfect for nipping into town in my t-shirt and flip flops. :biggrin::sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

My dirty little secret

i'd ave one of these for the croissant run :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

"is the SCV the Lead"

The SCV is the Lead 100 - I have the following generation NXH110 (Elite 110 in some markets, Lead 110 in others).  It gets the most use in terms of rides, but the Deauville gets twice the miles put on it.  I am getting around 95 mpg on average (that would be nearly 120 miles per Imperial gallon of petrol).

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

the only thing that let that scooter down is the top speed as on most main roads it not safe to sit at 45 every were. its one of the main reastions for my wife to get her test done so she can then run a bigger bikes at the speeds limts and not stuck at 50mph on the flat and 40ish on a hill.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices