Skip to content

Discuss This Byrne blows away lap record at Snetterton British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Byrne blows away lap record at Snetterton

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Byrne blows away lap record at Snetterton

Shane Byrne has dominated the final pre-season test of 2014, setting a time below the outstanding lap record at Snetterton on the final day of two ahead of next week’s opening round of the MCE British Superbike Championship. Breaking into the 1:47 second laps for the first and only time, the triple champion went 0.1 faster than his existing lap record...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 231 days ago (09 April 2014 18:01)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Lets be controversial

James Ellison needs to stop tweeting, fixing his hair and get his finger out. He's a two time motogp rider and he has the skills to be top of the sheets, - not pissing about behind his team mate. And before people say it, I have raced, and smashed myself up trying, so I can say it.  

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

He`s not pissin about

His team mate is faster full stop !

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

he simply isn't

Consistant enough ,look at last season for a guide ,well done Chris Walker and for those that think its a return to form for him its not, its a return to some better kit ,he has been riding just as hard but since those awful motorpoint Yamahas that had a habit of doing  things like the handle bars snapping off while he was cornering to now not had the best kit in the world,I cant understand why the milwaukee team are not there surely they are top contenders,and its nice to see a duke back in the mix

Reply to this Topic
rayc333

Oct 11

rayc333 says:

Not quite right

A great lap time but NOT the lap record. Hopper has that from 2011. Tommy H has also been under 1:48

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Stepping Up

There needs to be some serious stepping up this year by all the teams and riders if Shakey is not going to romp away with the title.

Lets hope some of the new teams can gain a foothold otherwise this is going to be very boring.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I agree SundayRoast. I know its just testing, but some of these top professsional riders are nearly two seconds off Shakey and thats an etertinity. I think some of these team managers are a bit too easy going - they need a Colin Wright type manager to stick a rocket up ther ass. 

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Only a giude

Testing is not every thing. Just ask Shane Byrne. A few years back when he rode Ducati in WSB he was quickest in pre season testing. Came to the races and he was no where. He still is favourite to win the BSB crown this year but dont discount Brooks  Hopper and Ellison ect. When the cips are down they will be up with Shakey   

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

He still has it!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle