Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

woodyr01

Apr 14

woodyr01 says:

Suzuki SV650 47bhp legal exhaust

Hello motorcycling world,

I am new to all of this, so please be kind. Today I bought myself a 2008 Suzuki SV650 Sport which I will need to restrict to 47bhp to meet the new A2 licencing laws. I was thinking about buying myself an aftermarket slip on exhaust, simply to unleash the V-Twin sound.

My concern is that fitting an aftermarket exhaust will bring the BHP above the legal 47bhp, therefore making it illegal to ride and making my insurance void. Can anybody give me anymore information about this please, like am I perhaps looking into this too deeply? Is there an exhaust manufacturer that makes an exhaust that will not raise the HP? Etc etc. 

Many thanks for any help that anybody can give me

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 195 days ago (09 April 2014 20:20)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

How Do

Chap & welcome to the site (read; Loony Bin!)
Can't say for absolutely certain (but 'bout 95% sure) as long as it's a road legal can you should be fine. Most of the legal ones don't do much in't HP stakes (3 of 4HP at most) so as long as the restrictor kit is fitted you should be ok Legally.
Insurance wise though you will deffo need to check Before you fit one. Reckon a lot of insurers Won't be too keen on you putting one on!
Happy Riding :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I with AC on this

a road legal aftermarket can with a DB killer fitted and no other mods will offer very little in the way of a power increase (weight saving yes)......as long as you tell your insurers it's a cosmetic upgrade not a performance one, and it's cost is included in the value of the bike, then most insurers should be ok.

Reply to this Topic
woodyr01

Apr 14

woodyr01 says:

:)

Big thanks guys!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN