Skip to content

Discuss This What annoys you most in 2014? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What annoys you most in 2014?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What annoys you most in 2014?

Potholes, drivers paying more attention to their Facebook news feed than the road, bus lane regulations. What, as a biker, annoys you most in 2014? Vote for your biggest annoyance below, and don't forget to have a good moan about it in the comments section at the bottom.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 111 days ago (10 April 2014 09:18)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Astandane

Jan 14

Astandane says:

I was going to say drivers texting, but some potholes are like trenches...literally. 

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

Petrol Stations

If I have to take my helmet off I will never return to that petrol station! Simple!

Reply to this Topic
mgivogue

Aug 02

mgivogue says:

stupid polls

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

niggles

Sports bike riders wobbling through the bends, holding everyone up, then blasting past on the straights.

Reply to this Topic
Fragpig

Oct 10

Fragpig says:

Farmer's Mud

I ticked potholes, but living in the countryside there is nothing worse than riding at night in the rain and suddenly finding the corner you are approaching has 1/2" mud across it. I have overtaken a car before and then found i couldn't rejoin my side of the road because of 6" boulders of muck tossed off a tractor tyre and had to slow and pull back behind the car. That and it totally mucks up your bike and leathers.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Farm Vehicles

Came round the corner this morning on usual country road commute and a tractor had broken down the night previously and dumped its engine oil all over the road.

Attempting to mop it up with mud from the verge is not sufficient Mr Farmer!!!

Fortunately missed crashing but lethally dangerous. Any other site and there is a responsibility to clean the road surface from vehicles going in and out of muddy land. But not farmers. They are a law unto themselves and are totally thoughtless.

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

potholes

but also living near the countryside farmers and there total disrespect of other road users, i cam round a bend in dorset yesterday and a tractor just sat in the road then he decides to turn right no indication nothing, a van driver on the other side was shaking his head too so not just me an angry motorcyclist.

Reply to this Topic
eyewitnessaccount

Aug 13

tax

Having to pay nigh on £80 road tax when some cars are free or very low,ie £30 a year.Bikes = low emmisions,low fuel costs,and very low congestion.Whats it all about?

Reply to this Topic
LiesIncPLC

Dec 13

LiesIncPLC says:

Hmmmmm , I sell a rat.

The only option with an opinion  ( "they're lethal" )  and a photo is the pothole option which is clearly going to influence peoples descision .

As someone who lives in a rural are I'd like to cast a vote for farm machinery on the road , I apreciate that it's a busy time for farmers at the moment BUT that doesn't excuse the irratic and downright dangrous driving I've encountered on my local roads recently .

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

all of the above and

farmers leaving Mud.....but my biggest gripe is about  the everdecreasing levels of observation, Politeness and downriite laziness shown by so many Drivers........ Drivers changing lane, Pulling out, not indicating, not looking in Mirrors, not looking where they are going, Texting, using Phones, reading Books, chucking rubbish out of the window  ...the list is long. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices