Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha: No doubt Lorenzo ‘back on it’ in Austin MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha: No doubt Lorenzo ‘back on it’ in Austin

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha: No doubt Lorenzo ‘back on it’ in Austin

Yamaha has no doubt that Jorge Lorenzo will be able to bounce back from the bitter disappointment of his early exit from the opening race of the season in Qatar when the world championship continues in Texas this weekend. Lorenzo led the early moments of a pulsating Losail International Circuit opener but crashed out before a lap had even been completed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 107 days ago (10 April 2014 16:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

yeah, because there using the old tyre this weekend and we know how he likes them

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

So

does everyone else!

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

yeah everyone on the old tyre for 1 race only, for some reason that I cant remember now lol

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

mmm

Reflection and stuff the tyres. Where would George have ended up in Qatar had he not bombed out leading lap 1? I don't know, but you sure do Sheene 7.

Reply to this Topic
l8apex

Nov 13

l8apex says:

Something about Bstone not having enough 2014 tires...or something.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

The reason for taking the 2013 tyre beggars belief when they say they don't have enough 2014 spec tyres to provide all teams. How can they have enough of the 2013 tyre which they should have stopped producing at the end of last season, but not have enough of the 2014 spec? Unless it's because the 2014 tyre is actually the 2013 tyre with an additional process after they've been constructed to add the new heat layer. Maybe they've problems with that? Who knows, very strange. More likely as all of the riders seem to have complained about the 2014 tyre. Is it being quietly retired?

As they're changing the tyre from Le Mans anyway, no word yet as to what to - the 2013 tyre again? -  what does it matter - do it now. And why keep messing, there was nothing wrong with the 2013 tyres, no safety issues, PI was a one-off for a specific reason. Go back to them, they worked for all of the teams. Can't see the sense in persisting with a tyre that hurts one team more than another.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Why not just use the 2014 tyre for problem tracks like PI and then use 2013 tyres for the rest.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Give the contract to Pirelli!

Anyone who thinks Flo on Bridgestone's payroll isn't a conflict of interest is living in hope.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Lin Jarvis...

Have to show an optimistic face... Last year M1 was nowhere near the RC in Austin with the "good" tyres, so either they made progresses and they know it, or they just hope and we will certainly see a repeat of the 2013 with two Honda in front.

Marquez topped 3 out of four of the practice cession, took pole more than 1 sec from the first Yamaha and won with fastest race lap.

btw, this article have the merit of making things clear, “That 250 style can get you on the pole, but when the tires are worn, you are f____d.”

Couldn't be a more accurate statement today than in 1988.

For Yamaha I.M.H.O, it all depends on how much progresses have been made by the chassis in the areas where it was lacking last year, Austin 2013 was a revelator, it will be the same this year, wait and see.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Yamaha Info: Setup Report - 09/04/2014

Valentino Rossi
"I really want to go to Austin, especially after the first race in Qatar. The season started well but now we need confirmation. Last year I made one of the worst races of the season in Texas, and this year I want to see if we can be competitive everywhere. Getting a good result in Austin would mean a lot for me and for Yamaha. It would mean that the direction taken is the right one. We will try to do our best to be competitive also on the Austin circuit. I'd like to have fun like I did in Qatar."

Jorge Lorenzo

“After a very disappointing race result in Qatar I look forward to racing at Austin to try to get a good result and forget as soon as possible all the things that happened in Losail. COTA track was not one of the best tracks for us last year. We had some difficulties to adapt our bike to the layout and lack of grip but finally we found out how to manage for the race. In the end we got a good result and we finished only three seconds behind the winner. I guess this year the pace could be even better because our bike has made one step ahead with the new seamless and the chassis is pretty good. Also, I feel almost perfect, physically at one hundred per cent and that is so important to try to fight for the victory elsewhere.”

Massimo Meregalli
Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team Director

“For sure we are all very eager to get to Austin and begin practice on Friday. Last year it was one of the most challenging races for us because although we had tested there we had no previous race data to work with. We have made significant improvements with the M1 since then, especially in the area where we were suffering at the first Austin race with acceleration and braking. In the middle of the season we introduced the seamless gearbox that has helped us to improve the acceleration of the bike and in the winter we made improvements to braking, especially with Valentino, using electronics and set up. As with last year we expect there to be a real lack of grip on the first day but we will improve every session as the grip level increases. We are confident that Vale will continue his momentum after an excellent start to the year and, after a less than ideal beginning in Qatar, we know that Jorge will be a key protagonist, treating this weekend as his first race of the 2014 season!”
Comments copy/pasted from Yamaha email as i received it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices