Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards to retire at end of 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards to retire at end of 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards to retire at end of 2014

Colin Edwards has announced on the eve of his home MotoGP race in Texas today that 2014 will be his final season in motorcycle racing. The 40-year-old used the pre-event press conference at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) to officially announce his retirement after a career spanning two decades in World Superbikes and MotoGP. Edwards, who has made 187 MotoGP starts...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 143 days ago (10 April 2014 19:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Goodbye and good luck

Always liked Colin, given he hasn't put in a great performance over the past few years, I have enjoyed watching him race over the years though. 

As for wasting a seat this season, you may well be right. However, if it was me and someone kept offering me a ride i would keep taking it, who wouldn't?

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

No need to shout stig

Especially when you don't have anything to say.

Would have, should have, could have.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Colins had a good run and unlike many he's walking away with his body more or less intact. I wish him the best for the future I'm sure he'll be missed around the paddock.  That said I'm quite pleased at the possibility of a fairly competitive ride being available for an upcoming rider next year. 

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

WHO RAY

HES GOT NOT MORE EXTENSIONS TO BUILD THEN???????????????????????????

Reply to this Topic
Stunty69

Feb 04

Stunty69 says:

Respect..

Top Man, Top racer, Funny guy. Will miss the King of Cool, but from me, THANK YOU, for helping motorcycle racing stay interesting, instead of the humourless 'athletes' we seem to be getting nowdays....  Maybe see you at that big dirt track in Texas someday...

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I agree

A bit after time, he should have quit  4 or 5 years ago and gone back to WSB where I'm sure he'd have been competitive and capable of wins.

I'll miss his colourful character in a paddock full of dull automatons and PR spouting yes men.

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

agree

I AGREE WITH JAMMY 999 TO RIGHT IMOLA 2000? BAYLISS EDWARDS F--KN PERFECT DAYS RACING

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

I used to get

so p@ssed when he'd beat Bayliss.  Perhaps Colin was never meant for all the electronics in GP...

Still, if you watch the 2005 Laguna race (available on Youtube, in full), you'll see that he did well against Rossi a time or two.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

aintnothin

You're right, he is the kind of rider that doesn't have much adaptability to his credit and needs the bike to work for him, given the right circumstances he would be fast enough to win a WSBK championship, like it or not he did it.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

danipaedola joeys witness

Or just one madman called Huw Mills having a conversation with himself ,what a moron how many times you been kicked off here now ?,take a hint no one likes you and your not wired up properly ,time for your sheep dip and to be put out to graze ,and dont forget to brush that single tooth you hillbilly baaaah you mug

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices