Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo starts Yamaha contract talks MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo starts Yamaha contract talks

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo starts Yamaha contract talks

Double MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo has confirmed in Texas today (Thursday) that he has started talks with Yamaha over a new contract. The Spaniard has spent his entire six-year MotoGP career with Yamaha and intends to ink a new two-year deal, with talks already underway with senior management. HRC boss Shuhei Nakamoto said during the pre-season that he intended to make...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 105 days ago (11 April 2014 08:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Looking forward

to seeing where everyone ends up at the end of this season. Hopefully it won't be an anticlimax and everyone just stays where they are.....

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Narrow window of opportunity

Presuming he re-signs then you have to admire Jorge Lorenzo's integrity. It's common knowledge that both HRC and Ducati Corse have offered him significantly more money to ride for them but still his focus seems to be on Yamaha. He is evidently not driven by money and unless there is an almighty clusterfuck at Yamaha over the next couple of months then I think Yamaha can be safe in the knowledge they will re-acquire his signature.

He's evidently comfortable with his place within Yamaha and Yamaha are evidently equally comfortable with his place amongst them despite what some, I mean one, would have you believe.

P.S Supermario, have you checked out tllleryonline.org? There's plenty of ammo on there for you, seems your mate is able to meltdown on multiple forums, enjoy ;-)

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha ha

thanks jamie. Fun though it would be, I think its best to let a few others share the brunt of huw's daily frustrations. Care in the community and all that. Might take a little look though just for a giggle and see how much of a cnt he's making of himself.

With regard to georgy boy, I dunno, I really think he's on his way out the door, and I think his style might suit the Ducati. Could be the right time to get on board that bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I think

that Jorge will end up at ducati as well seeing as they have a rider with a similar style to him already there. So will it be Lorenzo and Crutchlow next season, to coin a phrase from Hong Kong Phooey, "could be".

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Interesting Alex...

..but where would that leave the other fella who's on it now?..the ugly guy with buck teeth and webbed feet, what's his name?..Andrew something?..

Birdy might offer him a ride?...

Huw'd love that!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Dunno, you know

I think the strides Ducati need to make will start bearing fruit after Lorenzo has made his mind up. Yamaha will obviously want the contract wrapped up as soon as possible and I suspect unless Lorenzo sees a mismatch between plans, designs and reality he'll stay with what he knows.

I can't see him at HRC and I think Ducati will miss the boat.

Reply to this Topic
gwcrim

Nov 13

gwcrim says:

I agree with jamie about the Duc situation.  Honda will no doubt make him an incredible offer.  Does he have the balls to ride the same bike as Marky Mark and not have the excuse of 'it was the bike that made me lose'?

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

What's going on at Yahama revolves around a lot more than Lorenzo integrity.

Especially since his 2012 talks with Honda.

He had the design team wrapped around his little finger for 3 years, they neglected the second pilot for two of them, couldn't ignore Rossi and even Less his technical insight last season since he is by far the best they had since K.R for set up and development.

From Yamaha staff comments, their experience from 2011 and the need they had to revert to the 2010 bike parts and base set up in 2011 and 2013, the loss of both championship last season, the uncompetitiveness of their second riders is not what interrests them.

They want a bike that doesn't loose to the RC in most tracks, can take points of them even ridden by satellite riders, and allows for their No2 to be competitive, this was not possible with the "Lorenzo way", as simple as that.

He has his agenda, he spoke to Honda in 2012 they didn't like it (nor did they like Rossi deserting to Ducati), but they can't afford loosing to Honda the way they do it because it doesn't matter how many races Lorenzo wins, if the factory looses titles it's what goes down the record book.

Something else, Honda is not going to make a 250 style RC for him, if he goes to Honda they will bend backward to suit him but already said this winter they couldn't make a Yamaha, they tried to increase corner speed with the RC, they failed.

I don't know enough of Ducati to say anything about it but in Yamaha case it's clear they look at the factory best interests and Honda are not Santa Claus...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

I got the strange feeling....

That no one is going to get close to Marquez this W-E, obviously it's FP1 but Yamaha are already one full second further behind than they were last year at this time, and HE is flying. Rossi is laying down darkies at turn 18 and Lorenzo must be seeing RED or in the direction of the reds.

If Dovi keeps this up, he might well see Ducati as a better alternative than staying at Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Well CHR

I believe Dovi could well be on the Suzuki  with De Puniet. Crutchlow and Lorenzo at Ducati. Rossi and one of the Espargaro brothers at Yamaha. Bradl( if he does well this year)swapping with Dani at repsol with MM, Redding up to the factory bike at grissini with someone coming up from Moto 2 possibly Rabat if he wins it. Iannone to stay at Pramac with again some one from moto 2. Tech 3 will stay the same if smith does a good enough job. The tea leaves have spoken.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices