Skip to content

Discuss This Texas MotoGP: Marquez blitzes opposition on opening day MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Texas MotoGP: Marquez blitzes opposition on opening day

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Texas MotoGP: Marquez blitzes opposition on opening day

Marc Marquez has blitzed the opposition on the opening day of the Texan MotoGP round, ending the day over a second faster than the Ducati of Andrea Dovizioso, in a ride sure to demoralise his rivals at the track where he took his maiden MotoGP win a year ago. The rookie champion established himself as the clear favourite to repeat the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 194 days ago (11 April 2014 21:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

.3 or 3.

i think nakamura got the dot turned around!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Looks like Lorenzo to Honda then?

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Yes, JL is going to Honda on the strength of a first day practice, where it's a Honda track. Righto!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

What's Cal complaining about?????  He knew the history of the Ducati but he saw the pound notes signs in his eyes.  He hasn't got room to complain.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Honda track?

Actually Fireturd, I wasn't using yours or your bum chums methods of deductions but the myriad of comments from Lorenzo himself such as this one which all point to a relatively straight forward decision if Flo continues to push another team backwards...

“It looks like compared to the Hondas we are struggling, more or less the same as we were last year,” said Lorenzo, third behind the Repsol Hondas in the inaugural 2013 race.

A Honda track? And how many times have they raced here? Just shows how little it takes to influence such a uneducated view on bike racing in general but that's Rossi tragics in a nutshell isn't it?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

cal

has got no room to throw his toys, he knew what he signed up for, not to mention Dovi who (soft tyre notwithstanding) is doing far better. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Fanboyz never learn.

There are still those who CANT read English can they? 

Bob Buttamasangy: Talking about education are we?

Austin is a track where Yamaha was struggling last year, this year the only one who is out of reach of the Yamaha is Marquez, and YES it is because HE can deal with the lack of grip other have to deal with on top of this track being a lot more suited to Honda characteristics.

If Yamaha hadn't pushed the M1 to use corner speed so extremely for the past 3 years, they wouldn't be so far behind especially with the 2014 tyres, they can't even use the 2013 to compete with the RCs on this track.

Lorenzo to Honda? LOL! He can't ride the Yamaha point and turn, how is he going to ride the RC without doing his flying Dutchman tricks on it like he was doing on the M1 in 2008?

So Lorenzo not being able to adapt to low grip is someone else fault? That's a rather retarded comment.

Massimo Meregalli - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team Director:

“There is a gap to the front at the moment but we are honestly in a better position than last year when we started here so I am confident we can improve session by session, exactly as we did at the last round in Qatar. Both riders performed well today, I believe Vale’s gap to the front would have been smaller if he had been using a softer tyre but he spent most of the second session working with the hardest option to see what was possible. Jorge made a big improvement from the first session, working as hard as possible despite still recovering from a flu virus. We’re going to take today’s data now and work tonight to prepare the next steps for tomorrow so we can take the set up a step further.”

In short: With or without his favourite tyres, Lorenzo is nowhere near Marquez who WON in Losail on the HARD tyres, but is also behind Rossi who was using the HARD as well.

The guys who can get use to a bike sliding and moving are faster, looks like the old "500" style is faster after all...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

I don't get it. Below is a statement off crash.net from cal. I thought that Ducati used the standard Dorna electronics

Crutchlow continued: "I made the statement earlier that there are too many electronics on the bike. I mean on the Ducati, rather than in the championship. There are too many systems. We need to refine it to make it a lot easier to manage, so things like this don't happen. 

Reply to this Topic
TheApexTwin

Feb 14

TheApexTwin says:

Why Honda, Bob?

Remember, Edwards seat is up for grabs...

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Cal always needs an excuse...

...to explain his shortcomings.  I like the guy but he can be a bit tiresome at times.  

He left a good bike behind (which he also whinged about) for a big pay cheque so he needs to get his head down and work with what he has now.  Ducati don't like their riders speaking out against them so he should make the most of his current contract as it is unlikely he'll get another... 

Sounds like really did believe he was the fifth Alien and is coming down to earth with a bump.  Not having Dovi at Tech3 and having a noob like Bradley as a team mate made him look better than he was IMO.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices