Skip to content

Discuss This Texas MotoGP: Marquez blitzes opposition on opening day MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Texas MotoGP: Marquez blitzes opposition on opening day

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Texas MotoGP: Marquez blitzes opposition on opening day

Marc Marquez has blitzed the opposition on the opening day of the Texan MotoGP round, ending the day over a second faster than the Ducati of Andrea Dovizioso, in a ride sure to demoralise his rivals at the track where he took his maiden MotoGP win a year ago. The rookie champion established himself as the clear favourite to repeat the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 131 days ago (11 April 2014 21:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

ChupaChump

I don't understand the word noob but i think Smith improved a lot and has potential, don't you think so?

When Dovi was at Tech3 i thought he was better than Critchlow, i would have liked to see him stay there.

JehovahsWitness
: I didn't realise that, he seemed to be able to work well with Tech3 last year, and had some good races. In any case the chassis they had didn't help them much, and when they had the full specs, they still were having trouble.

Fact is, i haven't seen Yamaha with chassis issues of this amplitude for decades, the worst being (by memory) in 1992 when they wasted the development funds on providing engines to satellite teams and couldn't respond to the official team demands or when they changed rear suspension from the cantilever to monoshock.

2014 looks better though, even so they are struggling at this track, let's not forget that this is due more to this year tyres than the chassis itself, those who can cope with lower levels of grip are faster, but you also need the chassis to do that and the M1 is not the RC yet at this level.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Cal

Cal Crutchlow needs to stop moaning and bad mouthing his team after just one race!. You win as a team and  you loose as a team

Cal. For three reasons, this is why you should just get on with the job of riding the bike and stop moaning

1, No one forced you to sign a five million pound contract with Ducati
2, You knew that the bike is a pile a sh*t
3, Dovi beat you when you were both at Tech3. So there was your bench mark

Just ride the god dam bike

Reply to this Topic
TheApexTwin

Feb 14

TheApexTwin says:

How to win friends and influence people?!

Seems like DeGrasse's not the only one who's had an irony bypass.

Agreed, though - Crutchlow's taken a spectacularly short time to do a u-turn on his 'what's to worry about with Ducati?' stance. I'm all for people speaking their mind, but he needs to temper himself with a bit of humility.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Noob = newbie or rookie

I like Bradley and think he is doing a decent job.  I wonder if Yamaha would let him try this years bike with the new geometry to see how his times compare with the times he is setting on J-Lo's old bike?  Would be a good yard-stick to see if the changes to the bike have helped or hindered.

Dovi used to hand Cal his ass on a weekly basis at Tech3 and him leaving gave Cal his chance to shine.  It wasn't that Dovi was massively faster than Cal but he certainly had the edge in terms of racecraft.  

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

TheApexTwin

You are mistaking irony bypass for a strong allergy to bllsh!t...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

just wait

for Rossi to win the championship or lose to MM by less than 3 points De Grasse, these are clearly the parameters you have set, and you can crow then. Lorenzo had 41 points after Qatar and COTA last year, btw.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Who are these followers of which you speak, JW?

He is busy alienating his small fanbase with his bad attitude.  

He was very disparaging about his British supporters last year when he spoke to his mate, Matt Roberts, about going to Ducati.  

Why was he so rude to the BT Sport guys at Qatar?

Last year his sole aim seemed to be beating Valentino so he could suggest that he was a more worthy team mate to Lorenzo at factory Yamaha?  Once he knew that he'd be lucky to retain a satellite ride at best, he put pen to paper knowing full well that the D16 was a POS.

Maybe, he's upset that he is on the same bike as his old foe again and looking decidedly second best.  Throw Iannone into the equation and you're going to see one very unhappy little teddy bear...

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Moaning

I dont really get it. Surely he's putting pressure on Ducati to sort that piece of crap out. Other riders have tried the softly softly approach and the bike has stayed ****. Come race day he will be with Dovi again regardless of where they qualify and once the bike is rideable he will beat him I'm sure of it.

Cracking ride by Scott Redding BTW. Quicker than Hayden and within touching distance of Pol despite the gulf in bike performance

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Benefit of the doubt

I'd like to give the guy a chance to get used to the bike and up his game a bit but having a hissy-fit about the bike and his crew is doing him no favours.

If Rossi and JB couldn't get Ducati to pull their finger out, does he really think that they are going to listen to him?  

Why did a loyal employee like Nicky get sacked to accomodate such an ingrate?

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bob

You don't need endless years to work out it's a Honda track, it's all there in black and white from last year....even a SloMo like you should be able to work that out.      As for going 'backwards' on a bike.....your mate bucktooth wins hands down on that one....two manufacturers.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices