Skip to content

Discuss This Texas MotoGP: Marquez blitzes opposition on opening day MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Texas MotoGP: Marquez blitzes opposition on opening day

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Texas MotoGP: Marquez blitzes opposition on opening day

Marc Marquez has blitzed the opposition on the opening day of the Texan MotoGP round, ending the day over a second faster than the Ducati of Andrea Dovizioso, in a ride sure to demoralise his rivals at the track where he took his maiden MotoGP win a year ago. The rookie champion established himself as the clear favourite to repeat the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 173 days ago (11 April 2014 21:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

I bet Ducati had wished they had stayed with Hayden,  Cals moaning is getting as bad as  the king of the moaners CS.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Ducati

are extremely media sensitive, regarding negativity to their bikes, Cal knows this, he's being well paid and knew what he was getting into. He needs to settle down, it's early days, he can't expect to be putting in the kind of laps and front row starts as he did last year, that's why he's getting the extra cash.

Both Jorge and Cal would benefit from an anger management course, if not, keep their outbursts off camera.    

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

No Hopers...

The riders have a chance here.

Is there anyone who doesn't want less electronics? Then they should grow a set between them and put forward a vote of no confidence in the factory ducatis due to the potential danger the issue poses on track.

That's their trouble, the safety commision lead by a mental midget on the take from Caramello and the only bloke that ever had the spuds to say anything who would also be happy to give up several hundred i/o got sick of being the only one to stand up for the rest of the gutless pillocks and went fishing.

And don't give me the sh1ts about Crutchlow knowing what he got into either, none of you yellow ar5e lickers would think of saying that about that Italian mincer who gave up after the first fkn ride on the duc!

Where do you wankers think you live... Engtaly!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Cornbowl

I believe they are exhibiting signs of Short man syndrome which is incurable.  Either that or sand in their v@gina's. lol...

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Stoner's decision to quit was an altruistic one?

Really?  Was he like a union man fighting for the rights of his fellow paddock-dwellers and bowed out when he couldn't smash the system all by himself?

LOL.  That really brightened up my morning.  Keep them coming.  :0)

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

ChupaChump

According to an interview he gave to a French Jornalist, the only way he would have considered coming back was on a 750 2 stroke with loads of power and no electronics.

He is not the only of these guys (E.Ts) who said electronics were leveling things by the bottom and that throttle control was the most of it, he was right, for the politics i have no clue and don't even want to get there, but technically, all those gizmos are killing the show, appart when Marquez who uses control traction a lot less than most is showing the way on low grip tyres, that is.

Good thing this happens now, it sorts the men from the boys.

Two strokes are not so smart for polluant, but a return to 125/250/500 without electronics and multiple tyre manufacturers would give us a lot more spectacle than we have now.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Before you get too excited JW you should have a look at Dovi'sbest time on the race tyre.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

That would never happen...

..so it is easy for him to say such things after retiring.

I thought he quit when DORNA changed the stiffer construction tyre that he had campaigned so successfully upon?  
A load of other excuses and vitriol got tossed in obviously...

I don't doubt that he is one of the few riders who could ride such a package but making out that he is some Gandhi-like figure is a bit much...

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

His race pace is 2 secs slower than MM, who is just warming up.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

scots doing a good job

I really think Scott doing a really good job on what he has I am sure if you have a factory bike he would be in the top three already just look what he's doing and remember he has no data and a very slow bike impressive

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices