Skip to content

Discuss This Texas Moto2: Vinales steps up with first win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Texas Moto2: Vinales steps up with first win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Texas Moto2: Vinales steps up with first win

Reigning Moto3 world champion Maverick Vinales has taken his first victory in the Moto2 class on only his second race in the class, controlling a crash-strewn damp race from the front to take victory by four seconds from Tito Rabat. Dominique Aegerter was the early race leader, leading from the line safely until Vinales was able to pass with ease and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 192 days ago (13 April 2014 19:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

What a bummer for

Sam Lowes,shunted off like that spoiled the race for me 

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Unlucky for both Brits.

Both Lowes and Rea showed real grit overcoming their respective problems in the race - Lowes' being punted off and Rea's qualifying result after one problem after another during the free practise sessions. Still, it's a level playing field next race which hopefully will result in better for both riders.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Impressive ride

Vinales never looked out of shape, he controlled the race once he reached the front. What was more impressive for me, however, was how calm he was when he was battling his way to the front. He looked very much at ease, something i never really saw of him last year in Moto3! And this was only his second race, if he carries on like this we may have another superstar in the making. 

Great race overall, gutted for Sam! Both Lowes brothers had a rough weekend but i'm positive they will start getting the results they deserve soon!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That race had it's moments

I don't think Vinales talent has ever really been in question (Moody and Jules apart, but they're hardly the most astute observers out there). But yes, great composure from the young man in both his intermediate class starts to date. He's shaping up to be a real challenger for Rabat is what could be construed as a softer championship year than the last couple.

Zarco - a shame he had to get all French out there and lost the plot. Poor old Simon was looking as good as he ever has in Moto2. And the other Caterham bike did the same thing with the out of his depth Septic Herrin on board skittling the rear of the field shortly after the start. Expect to see penalty points handed to both.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices