Skip to content

Discuss This Texas MotoGP: Marquez wins, Dovi on the podium, Cal injured in dramatic Texas race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Texas MotoGP: Marquez wins, Dovi on the podium, Cal injured in dramatic Texas race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Texas MotoGP: Marquez wins, Dovi on the podium, Cal injured in dramatic Texas race

Marc Marquez has stormed to victory with ease at the Circuit of the Americas, in a race where he was overshadowed by the action taking place behind him, as drama unfolded across the grid; the reigning world champion rode a flawless race to the win. The first drama of the race happened before the flag even dropped, with a huge jump...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 195 days ago (13 April 2014 21:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Damn you Iannone !

To make me believe you could podium you downer ! terrific ride still, massive improvements from last year. 

Reply to this Topic
marianbv

Jul 13

marianbv says:

The highlits of the day

were the two Andrea (one for keeping in third for so long, the other for actually scoring that third) and Bradley.

Really sorry things didn't work out as planed for Scott ....

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

VR for the championship

The whole weekend confirmed VR is strong, so far the first of the two yam, regardless of JL's mistake, race pace confirms VR would have stayed close to DP if not ahead of him, in a circuit which yam knows does not suite them and where vale had one of his worst races last year. Dovi 3 21 sec behind? Good for him,  but...

JL pace was nowhere near VR's. Rossi was so glad with friday that he has already confirmed he'll sign for another year with yam, contrary to his initial statement that he'd wait for the first 6 races before deciding whether he was competitive or not. He is and knows it and is talking already about championship.

Yes!!!!!! Go valeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Strokey

Sep 02

Strokey says:

Bittersweet for Rossi, he was On target for an easy podium which proves the yam is good. I suspect front tyre pressure loss but could be graining. I think he would be happy with the bike but not with the tyre although if the race was a few laps longer he would have been passed by Espargaro and Lorenze. Don't think he will be too pissed but Lorenzo in 16th now..... Fireworks next race with elbows and knees and stuff

Reply to this Topic
letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

Good

Good to see a cracking ride from Smith! Needed a Brit to be up there with Cal heading to the career killer! 

After that amazing start from Cal, you could tell he wasn't happy with the Duke in the corners by the way everyone was bunching up right behind him. Then all of a sudden half the field flew past! Hopefully his hand isn't too bad, but even his management team said it's probably broken :(

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Front tyres issues.

For both Iannone and Rossi.

www.crash.net/motogp/news/202202/1/rossi-we-destroyed-the-front-tyre.html

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

cal

last report i saw finger dislocated.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

by the way

do you guys ever sleep???? lol

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

slit

I don't know where you got your figures from but Rossi's early race pace was nearly a second off Pedrosa and would of put him in the Dovi,Bradl,Smith battle for third. Same with Lorenzo if he hadn't jumped.

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

CH87

Mine is a bit of speculation, yet consider

- DP had noone to overtake, VR had. The nearly one second off showed in two laps only
- VR on the 5th lap was faster than DP
- I believe his front tyre started giving him problems earlier than the 10th lap, see how all of a sudden during lap 6 and 7 his pace drops one second
- No way VR would have been tangled up with Dovi and Al. VR had a better pace
- VR is reknown for being strong in the second half of the race, had he managed not to lose too much from DP, he could have likely been in for a last lap fight

Regardless, it was at lesast a rather easy podium, with VR possibly ending up 6 seconds behind marquez. That's remarkable, compared to his 16 seconds of last year and his overall performance during the W/E. Last year he was all W/E no less than 1.6 from MM, this year he started at 1.3 on friday, then 1 on saturday and 0.47 in quali, matched by consistent race pace (second to thir overall). So, good signs for me.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices