Skip to content

Discuss This Texas MotoGP: Marquez wins, Dovi on the podium, Cal injured in dramatic Texas race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Texas MotoGP: Marquez wins, Dovi on the podium, Cal injured in dramatic Texas race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Texas MotoGP: Marquez wins, Dovi on the podium, Cal injured in dramatic Texas race

Marc Marquez has stormed to victory with ease at the Circuit of the Americas, in a race where he was overshadowed by the action taking place behind him, as drama unfolded across the grid; the reigning world champion rode a flawless race to the win. The first drama of the race happened before the flag even dropped, with a huge jump...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 101 days ago (13 April 2014 21:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

CH87

Lorenzo didn't have the pace, he was consistently in the 2.05+ throughout the race, despite he declared he pushed as hard as he could. VR had a low 2.04 in the first 5 laps, consistent with the rest of the W/E. JL would have been fighting with Dovi, Rossi would have not.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

CH987

Moto Gp official website like everyone else.

Slit broke it down nicely to you...

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Bridgestone is having problems...

with their tyre supply?

`Rossi, Iannone, Cal having to pit... rider set ups or tyre inconsistency?

Will see...

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

ElDiabolico

That's a very good question, or it could be both.

The Honda don't seems to have an issue and his very planted at the front, and i was thinking after the race that one of the issues of the 2013 factory M1 was slow/low heat build up causing the lack of front tyre grip during heavy braking, related to weight distribution and lack of set up options to correct that.

Yamaha addressed this with the 2014 chassis but Rossi uses the front a lot on it, and it is possible that he have to do that at the limit of what the front tyre can take, using the grip on abrasion more than on load with a difference between temperatures too high for the rubber to last (during straights the tyre cools down) and full lean, the tyre rubber degrades due to more extreme changes of temperature.

In short his chassis is better on the brakes for grip but not for durability of the tyre because it induces a high difference of heat between straights and full load, then tyre edge is overstressed by the abrasion due to high corner speed.

There is little consistency in the transitions imposed to the rubber due to the chassis geometry and the way Rossi is riding it, partly his style (brakes, gas) partly what is still imposed by the 2014 chassis (corner speed).

Yamaha still haven't find the "Rossi bike" balance I.M.H.O.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Bang on slit. Haven't looked at the analysis on motogp yet but certainly early on Marquez was about 4 ths quicker than Dani and Dani's lap time was the same as Rossi's a 2.04.1 ish. Agree also on lap 6 the probs started. Why did bridgestone not bring the super hard front when they had problems last year.?? BS have defo lost the plot. 

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Flo got a bad tyre???

Heads will roll, obviously the bloke who hands out the tyres was having a sickie or didn't recognise the special pile set aside in the corner of the container marked 'Bridgestone employees ONLY'.

It'd be funny if it weren't so ironic.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Do Jorge and Yamaha have an answer for Marquez?

Looks like he cracked under pressure knowing the only chance he had was to get in front at the first corner.  

He knows with Marquez, there will be no quarter given.  Maybe Casey shouldn't have been so respectful of him and the same thing might have happened early on in 2012?  

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

Crazy Race....?

Another good result and race by Marc, Jorge WTF he is having a mare !!! But for me quote of the weekend goes to Vale:

"With the mistake by Jorge unfortunately I lost the moment. It was scary a little bit. I thought, 'f**k' what happened?' then the lights went out, I spun a lot on the dirty part of the track and made a **** start. Anyway I think I could have arrived third without the tyre problem. It's a shame to lose points in the championship."

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

hohoho..

Funny and ironic indeed

..latte sipping Lambretta rider and Stoner fan Bob..mentions losing a Bridgestone tyre advantage and sickie's all in the same breath?

Where the fk was that miserable little prick this weekend anyway?..probably told to stay away at a guess.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Air Head Bob

Stupidity is a most undesireable trait ! That remark was quite frankly STUPID !   

Now return to your 'goon-riding' I bet you're really good at it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices