Skip to content

Discuss This Texas MotoGP: Marquez wins, Dovi on the podium, Cal injured in dramatic Texas race MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Texas MotoGP: Marquez wins, Dovi on the podium, Cal injured in dramatic Texas race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Texas MotoGP: Marquez wins, Dovi on the podium, Cal injured in dramatic Texas race

Marc Marquez has stormed to victory with ease at the Circuit of the Americas, in a race where he was overshadowed by the action taking place behind him, as drama unfolded across the grid; the reigning world champion rode a flawless race to the win. The first drama of the race happened before the flag even dropped, with a huge jump...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 195 days ago (13 April 2014 21:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

race of the....

boring shite

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

Nostradamus

Not being a rider myself but applying phisics and what I know from driving a car, my opinion is that the most violent bit of braking happens pretty much when a bike is still straight, then progressively, once the rider has slowed enough to be able to enter the turn, the braking intensity decreases. At its maximum turning angle, I'd say braking is nearly done and the inertia is carrying the bike.

You will also notice here

http://www.motogp.com/en/events/Americas/2014

that the Austin circuit has 11 left turns and 9 right ones. Add to that that possibly the three slowest turns are right ones, i.e. lowest turning speed and maximum angle of inclination.

To me that seem to mean that the tyre is stressed more often overall on the left side, yet on the right side is stressed with higher sparks near its maximum angle of inclination.

I would aslo say that poor tyre management should show a bit overall on a tyre. In particular at Austin I would expect a bit both side to be **** up. The left one because stressed more frequently, the right one because stressed less often but at higher intensity.

Now, do you think this is a tyre which has been poorly managed or that shows a clear anomaly?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t31.0-8/1015031_10152141953839563_5587059077765478719_o.jpg

Consider also that this poor tyre management  happened

- within the span of the first 5 laps (on lap 6 and 7 VR all of a sudden drops his pace by 1 sec, although there is noone directly in front of him)

- on a tyre which is built for racing and supposedly made to last for 20 laps

I think you are just obnoxious and are doing nothing short of what used to be the Nazi's motto: if you say a lie long enough, people will start to believe it. You are here just to gratuitously trash Rossi and you are annoying as f8ck, jesus f8cking christ.

Do you really believe your own lies? It would be better for you if you did, it would take the maliciousness off you at least.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

I found out why..

this secret Bridgestone testing facility -- testing various load bias...

fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/general-discussion/793786d1366947449-lets-see-your-babies-man-motorcycle-transporting-ducks.jpg

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

Correction

The slowest turn are left ones and stress the tyre at less intensity (lower overall corner speed) not at a higher intesity as I said below.
So it seems Austin stresses tyres pretty much evenly on both sides.

Yet the tyre below is **** on the right side only and in a very clearly defined band, the rest of the tyre as well as the rear tyre are in immaculate conditions.

If you can deny this is a problem with the tyre, Nostradamus, you can apply with Bridgestones as Head of Global Sales and Marketing.

Reply to this Topic
slit

Mar 11

slit says:

nostro

Masao Azuma (Chief Engineer, Bridgestone Motorsport Tire Development Division) says:

"As expected the whole of the grid selected the medium compound option, yet during the race some riders experienced higher levels of front tire abrasion than was seen during practice and qualifying. We will now analyze the tires to work out what were the contributing factors that resulted in the high levels of wear that occurred during the race."

Source:
http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2014-circuit-americas-motogp-austin-bridgestone-tire-analysis/

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Contact

A reliable source within the Rossi camp informed me that Nostro was seen at COTA sneaking into the back of Rossi's garage with a bottle of acid in his hand.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but .................  ???

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

that was funny

saturn

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Thanks to whoever posted that pic of Rossi's front tyre. I have never seen anything like that before. I don't think it would have done another lap.

We need to bring back competition amongst tyre brands in MotoGP, BSB etc. If Bridgestone had to worry about how they looked relative to another tyre brand then they wouldn't give the riders any old ****. 

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Consistency

is not really your strong point De Grasse, as others have said.

Since you purport to be the font of all "m-c" knowledge and experience, on such a scale that no-one on this forum can dispute any opinion that you might care to express, it amuses me to point out the very frequent inherent logical contradictions in what you post.

You spent most of practice and qualifying for the COTA race opining (or perhaps it was proclaiming facts) to the effect that finding a consistent race pace was what was important in regard to one particular rider, yet apparently where Lorenzo in 2013 is concerned fastest laps and pole positions are the currency, and consistent race pace or even race wins are irrelevant.

Whilst continuing to cherry pick quotes from people actually involved in the sport to support your opinions (which they often don't in any case), you feel quite free to disagree with Bradley Smith yourself, who finished 5th I believe in the latest premier class race, rather a higher level of experience than any you can even claim to possess. Most humorously, you continue to quote Jerry Burgess concerning Lorenzo's set-up last year (he made no comment about whether it was a bad set-up for Jorge btw), when Jerry was saying all last year that he didn't think Valentino was up to it any more. I actually don't agree with him, but his knowledge and experience definitely  do exceed mine by quantum levels as they do yours.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

as has been said

we should see how things go back on the 2014 tyre, and even that is supposedly being "improved".

As I have also said, it would seem unlikely that Valentino has changed how he rides so drastically at this late stage in his career that he suddenly ruins tyres in 8 laps. It is down to the tyre. 

Bridgestone are not entirely responsible though, they have mostly done what was asked of them by Dorna. They were producing a tyre with a record of years of proven durability, and changed that tyre at Dorna's request in 2012; I believe they were actually specifically asked for a less durable tyre to "improve the racing". Many of the current contenders actually voted for that tyre, despite a dissenter saying the tyre would prove insufficiently durable under race conditions.  Honda aren't suffering because as is their wont they fairly promptly re-engineered their chassis to suit the tyres.

There do seem to be less cold tyre early race crashes since the introduction of the new tyre in 2012, admittedly. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices