Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati unveils airbag option for Multistrada General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Ducati unveils airbag option for Multistrada

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tony Hoare  says:

Ducati unveils airbag option for Multistrada

Ducati project engineer Paolo Versari demonstrated the airbag with a trial firing at the press conference at the company’s factory in Bologna, Italy Ducati has unveiled the first rider airbag to be integrated into a motorcycle. Ducati’s Multistrada S Touring D-Air model is loaded with sensors and an extra ECU to analyse the sensor data and fire an airbag worn by...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 188 days ago (17 April 2014 16:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

will this work

with the base model multi or just the s touring?

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

innovation

innovation is great, but i sometimes carry cans of beer from the shops back to the house inside my bike jackets, if i crash will i become a human soda stream. All kidding aside, i don't think this jacket can have inside pockets. 

Reply to this Topic
truantray

Jan 14

truantray says:

HitAir alternative

There is a Japanese company called HitAir that has been selling airbag vests and jackets for years, first for equestrain racing, then for motorcycles. They are used by many police motorbike forces.

They use a much less complex physical tether to the bike, work on any bike (or horse), and use a $30 C02 cartridge. Costs about one third the Dianese alternative (surprise).

http://www.eggparka.com/english/main.html

Reply to this Topic
TonyHoare

Jun 13

TonyHoare says:

Models

Diablere, it will only work with the S Touring, not the base model.  

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Thank you Tony

Shame .. i would have bought it

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

come on Ducati

KTM can supply software updates to earlier models. i see no reason why this can't be sold with a retro refit of all the software to earlier modes? i can put them in touch with programmers who can help if its a problem

Reply to this Topic
Gibbogobby

Apr 14

Gibbogobby says:

Ducati airbag

Having recently had a low speed front end shunt, there's one word that comes to mind watching that video, KNACKERS!!

mine are still aching two weeks later.

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Need more

information, another poster spoke of a Japanese company doing this type of jacket and is being used by the Japanese police. Why would anyone want to use an Italian rip off version not used by any one other than those trying to rip off the idea. I would like to see more information on the jacket but I know the air bag on the bike thing is pretty dammed stupid. But let's consider the Italian air bag, what if someone kicked your bike sensor, or what if you are stationary and you get shunted from the rear, what if you are in a slow corner and get knocked from the side by another vehicle it sounds pretty useless for any of these things, unless you are going over 10 kph, if this is so good why not have it for the legs considering more leg injuries occur that anything else so I'm lead to believe. Air bag boots, air bag crotch protection, mind you the explosion may do you more damage than the collision on the crotch ha ha.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices