Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo backed to recover from nightmare start to 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo backed to recover from nightmare start to 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo backed to recover from nightmare start to 2014

Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha boss Wilco Zeelenberg has backed the Spaniard to fight back from a disastrous start in his bid to wrestle the MotoGP crown away from Marc Marquez. Lorenzo won eight races in 2013 but still lost the title to Marquez by just four-points after a nail-biting final round shootout in Valencia. After two truly awful races into 2014, Lorenzo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 151 days ago (18 April 2014 09:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Looking forward to seeing how this comment section turns into another unrelated Rossi 'debate'.

Reply to this Topic
CaptainRog

Aug 12

CaptainRog says:

Jorge

Lorenzo just does not look happy at the moment, looks beaten before he starts, no way back from this start, unless MM has some awful bad luck.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Mentally Strong

Wilco - he did not look that mentally strong when he was back in the garage he looked well out of sorts!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

He'll be back !

His demeanour is not that of a 'beaten' man but that of a 'frustrated' man ... there's a world of difference!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Jorge

I am sure he will get back to his winning ways!
He only has a couple of problems really.
The new tyres and an extraordinary rider by the name of Marquez already 44 points ahead.
One of the biggest and best comebacks ever if it happens!(discounting injuries)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Good point Saturn...

He's at his best when on the back foot.  I like how he rode through pitlane with his arm on the tank just keeping himself calm.  It's easy to get angry and make a mistake as he hears them disappearing down the track...  Instead, he bounced back and took 11 places and a few points to boot.  Should Marquez have a DNF before mid-season, it's all to play for.  Still campaigning for Peddy this year though.  I am willing him to lift that trophy.  Lots can happen as we know in this game - so let's see how the next few rounds unravel.  Jorge on the back foot is a dangerous man...and Marquez well.... nuff said.  He gets the best tyres, right? ;-)

Oh and thanks - COTA was incredible mate... there is a waiting list on a track day web site (ridesmart).... so waiting patiently for September dates to be released.  Although it's a 1000 mile drive from my house! What's that sounds oh sounds like a ROAD TRIP with the lads!!

http://ridesmart.info/z/COTA2014.php

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

jehova

Pity about you not liking road trips I was going to invite you on one with all the girls. you should fit in well

Lorenzo is as tough as they come and he has bounced back from broken ankles ect. He also has the mental attitude and skill to win the championship. Marquez is a brilliant rider but I just have that feeling his luck will run out (15 crashes last year without serious injury) . The biggest problem I can see for Lorenzo is the Yamaha being outclassed by the Honda. Hope im wrong because Lorenzo has what it takes but has the bike?? 

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Hey... it's OK Rev.

A Welsh self confessed Jehovahs Witness with no mates.  I understand you don't get it.  Or anything...ever.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Ah Rev...

I miss those exchanges.  The bitter the better.

I forgot to send you a postcard when I moved from San Diego.  I now live in North Carolina. My identity had been compromised.  I had no option. 

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

The start of this season shows that Lorenzo is just a bit rattled. He did well to recover from his poor practice sessionsin Qatar, but screwed up on cold tyres and binned it from the lead. The last race was just a bit of brain fade. He lost around 30 seconds in the pit, and did well to make the top ten. Had he not fluffed the start I'm sure he'd have been up there at the pointy end. It's early days yet.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices