Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo backed to recover from nightmare start to 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo backed to recover from nightmare start to 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo backed to recover from nightmare start to 2014

Jorge Lorenzo’s factory Yamaha boss Wilco Zeelenberg has backed the Spaniard to fight back from a disastrous start in his bid to wrestle the MotoGP crown away from Marc Marquez. Lorenzo won eight races in 2013 but still lost the title to Marquez by just four-points after a nail-biting final round shootout in Valencia. After two truly awful races into 2014, Lorenzo...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 124 days ago (18 April 2014 09:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

The only way is up from here, really.

He just has to keep plugging away and hope for some mistakes from Marc or another PI black flag curveball. 

I don't really see many tracks where Jorge can realistically fight against the ideal pairing of Marquez and the RCV at this point.  

You just never know with MotoGP though...

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

We all know Texas is a bad track for the M1, but at Qatar it looked pretty much on par with the Honda. JL just needs one good result and the confidence will return, hen he just needs to pressure MM into making a mistake.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

You're right Firebird

Lorenzo needs first and foremost a good result now. That means he can't take too much risks to win in Argentina, which looks like a Honda track again moreover. A 3rd place would taste like a win over there for Lorenzo, so IMO he's likely to lose ground to the Repsol boys one more time..

Like Chupa said, you just never know but this championship for Marquez is already his to lose, himself being his own worst enemy.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

own worst enemy?

Why is that druids? He is doing everything perfectly so far is he not?
Forget last season and concentrate on this one because that is what Marquez is doing.
He has learned an awful lot and is going to be an extremely hard man to beat this year.
Yes he can crash but so can any of them because they are all on the ragged edge most of the time.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

You read too much into my post

Let me try this, Lorenzo is now 44 points behind Marquez,  neither Pedrosa nor Rossi are capable to challenge Marquez over a complete season IMO... I'd love to be proven wrong, especially for Pedrosa but that will not happen unless Marquez makes several mistakes. So yes, Marquez is now his own worst enemy to me,  no bonehead move and nobody will catch him up, as simple as that.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

2 early 2 say that!

You may be right that Pedrosa or Rossi cannot challenge Marquez but at the moment they are doing a better job than Lorenzo.
Lorenzo has a few problems right now and they will not be solved straight away.
I doubt any of them can challenge Marc for the title.
Regarding bonehead moves I would say Bautista is the most capable of that.
Time will tell!

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

There is no doubt about  it, MM is a good rider and he may turn out to be the best of this particular era, but we are bigging him up way too prematurely.  Towards the end of last year JL was winning most of the races and this season Rossi was right behind MM, while JL came off and in Texas, JL fcked up and many riders had tyre issues.

The concern is, not that MM is out of everyones league but the fact that JL is struggling with the M1 which in turn is struggling with the tyres

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

good rider

Bit of an understatement I think.
As for bigging him up....winning the title in his first year as a rookie!
He deserves more than bigging up in my opinion!

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Once again it's only how I feel it could happen

Of course we don't know yet, 2 races it's definitely too early, but we can still have a personal opinion, right ? to hell with the "wait & see" attitude. I'd love to see the whole top 4 fighting for the win all the time but I won't hold my breath.

As for Bautista, sorry I'm a fan of his, time to give the man a break Mugello was over a year ago.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
klacto

Oct 12

klacto says:

Honda

Pedrosa destroyed the field at COTA and only 4 secs off MM so there needs to be no arguement. It's ALL about the bike.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices