Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies: ‘I’ll never race again’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies: ‘I’ll never race again’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies: ‘I’ll never race again’

Ben Spies has admitted the serious shoulder injury that forced him into premature retirement last year will never recover sufficiently enough to allow the Texan race again. The triple American superbike champion first damaged his right shoulder at the end of 2012 when he crashed out of a rain-lashed Malaysian round while riding for Yamaha’s factory squad. Spies moved to the Ignite...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 218 days ago (18 April 2014 09:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ha ha

And maybe your more of a dick than a richard!:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

The interview

on crash.net is pretty good.  Mladin was a beast and to beat him on the same bike, and then win WSBK first time out, was significant.

SInce I've a devious mind I wondered about the issues and failures that occured his last year with Yamaha.

I agree that he is very good in the booth.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Spies was a real plus with his comments when doing his bit on BT and hopefully they'll get him on again,they all have to retire at some time the trick is to make sure they have made enough money and hang on to it he's done both.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Spies

would make a great addition to the BT crew, with good knowledge and he's easy to listen and laid back.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

in another interview he said its that bad it has even dislocated in his sleep

so no chance at the moment to even ride a bike

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

A really nice Guy

Ben has always come accross as a really nice guy and he was a brilliant super bike rider. trouble was when your Lorenzos team mate your always going to come of second best unless your name is Rossi and even Rossi comes of second best now days. Good luck to Ben what ever  he decides to do in the future though 

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Cornbowl

Agreed - I quite like listening to him - very level headed dude..  Shame how it all worked out - he must be the unluckiest guy in the history of MotoGP... whilst an accomplished rider, an unfulfilled potential in the GP arena  I hope he stays in some capacity.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

best of luck

To Ben, was never his biggest fan, but that was down to his crazed followers.

Talented lad who maybe got on a prototype bike a bit too late, his win will never to taken away from him though.

Maybe the weight of expectation got the better of him and caused his misfortune and injuries. as he states he never liked the limelight.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

sphew mills

The madman back to full keyboard warrior status on every thread,I wonder how many people would like to dislocate all of your webbed fingers ,you are a classic case of a mix up at birth , the nurse threw away the baby and kept the afterbirth , have a great easter and don't  get to frustrated trying to crucify yourself ,you'll never get the last nail in you wappy inbred 

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

crash net interview

Just finished reading his in depth interview, it seems to me that Spies just over thought things. Bad luck and misfortune hits everyone at some point in a racing career. Its seems to have put him off his game and shows a lack of real belief in his own abilities.

Its mental strength and drive that makes champions and Bens sadly appears to lack it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices