Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith surprised by storming start to 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith surprised by storming start to 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith surprised by storming start to 2014

A maiden front row start and podium challenges in both MotoGP races in 2014 have already highlighted the massive improvement made by British rider Bradley Smith after a tough rookie campaign.And the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider has admitted surprising himself with eye-catching performances in Qatar and Austin.Smith stormed to a career first front row start in Doha and was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 147 days ago (22 April 2014 11:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

That 2nd year on the Mistral Tech 3 Moto2 bike brought out all of the usual doubters, all to ready to put the boot in. That bike is widely acknolwedeged to be a one of the least competitive and underdeveloped bikes on the grid and no one hsa come close to matching his results on it. These **** kickers forgot all to quickly that the Oxford lad finished 2nd to Julian Simon during the 2009 125 championship and has won 3 GPs... these things are not gifted to you at this level, you earn them.

Bradley rose above that, kept his nose clean and got on the job of learning how to ride a MotoGP bike. He, along with Scott Redding, are the best GP prospects that the UK has had for victory in the premier class since Sheene. If he wins a podium by the middle of the year (Germany), then I will not be suprised in the slightest.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Surprising

Agree with Neilf that the failures at MIstral put a serious dent in Bradleys worth when he entered MotoGP, but he has risen above it and appears to be back in the right mental state to challenge (last year behind Cal he wasn't).

To be knocking on pol position when Marquez is in such good form is brilliant and long may it continue. If he keeps his head, then surely podiums will come this year.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Winning a podium Nelif

makes as much sense as Bradley believing but being surprised.

And of course Redding , Smith & Crutchlow (a deliberate omission of Crutchlow?) are Britain's best chances since Sheene to win in the top flight. All the others have retired!

I would argue that theTech3 ride was somewhat gifted to him. But he's done pretty well since has Smith. Better than I expected, so fair play to him. But as with his career to date he'll never amount to more than a bit part player.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

SundayRoast

I would say that it was Bradley's perceived worth in certain circles which went down because some internet jockey's with short attention spans who couldn't see the bigegr picture.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Nostro

Given what Crutchlow is riding at present, he would be doing well to get on the podium, which is why I omited him. Redding is a prospect because of his unrealised potential.

"Winning a podium makes as much sense as Bradley believing but being surprised."

I was going to say "winning a race", but back tracked to a podium and forgot to re-word the sentence. I understand exactly what Bradley meant by "believing but being suprised", but in my mind I'm probably adding to what I think that he meant to say... "I believed that I could be here but I am surprised to be here so soon"

Gifted? Nah. Other riders have got better rides for achieving less. Liek I said, he made that Tech 3 Mistral look good in 2010. So on the back of Bradley's GP wins, he has thoroughly earned in IMO.

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Bradley and Scott

I think Bradley is a really good kid very dedicated and is doing a good job Scott Redding deserves a factory bike I am sure we could take it to MM 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I don't know if either of you noticed

but Marquez had that Moto2 Suter chattering it's brains out everywhere.

Of course that's what uber talented world champions do. Make a difficult motorcycle work for them. Think Lawson and the NSR500, Stoner and the GP07.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Good start but

Brad should have been striking while the irons hot, I realy believe Dovi on the Ducati shouldn't have beat him last time out. Rookie Pol is almost at Bradlys pace now, ye can guarantee Pols M1 will get the upgrades and Brads Tech3 wont

Reply to this Topic
uservirgin

Aug 13

uservirgin says:

JW is right here, Both Pol and Brad are at the top of their game, Brad's leading the way but it's a long season and 2 young guns on near identical semi works bikes beats Hondas semi and customer combo hands down.

Bring it on Brad and Pol, that's where the real competition is this year, not the predictable procession at the front.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

The trouble is, they're fkn pussies!

The biggest bit of mongrel these softc0cks have in them these days is a semi turgid morning glory every second Sunday before church. No fkn balls! Whether a rider shows it on track or elsewhere, you know when a obviously skilled rider is gonna make a mark in the sport and whimps like Smiff and Esparagrasso need to harden up a bit if they're gonna succeed.

Maybe a holiday in the Sunshine State would do them good?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices