Skip to content

Discuss This Schwantz: Marquez has got inside Lorenzo’s head MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Schwantz: Marquez has got inside Lorenzo’s head

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Schwantz: Marquez has got inside Lorenzo’s head

Kevin Schwantz believes Jorge Lorenzo’s nightmare start to 2014 is a direct result of the breathtaking performances from Spanish rival and reigning world champion Marc Marquez. Repsol Honda rider Marquez heads to the third race in Argentina this weekend undefeated after brilliant victories in Qatar and Austin. In stark contrast, Factory Yamaha rider Lorenzo has endured a forgettable start and already trails...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 100 days ago (22 April 2014 12:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ichabod

Jan 09

ichabod says:

Head games

Kevin is 110% right. When you get demoralized it is difficult to stay focused and it really shows with Jorge. Kevin's suggestion about roughing up Marc is great, but first you have to catch him......

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

gwcrim

I'm not surprised if you were watching the wrong race. There a lot of idiots who don't know anything about motoracing in general here on MCN, and you're one of them!

GOOD JOB! :wink:

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

That was the worst jump start Ive seen.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

That was the worst jump start Ive seen.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Lorenzo

I think the thing with Lorenzo is is that he is struggling with the new tyres, I think it's something to do with the fact that he doesn't have the confidence to carry as much speed and lean angle around the corners, which has always been his biggest asset. Rossi struggled last year compared to Lorenzo, but the new tyres seem to suit him more than Lorenzo, and that's why Lorenzo is struggling for overall pace. In qualifying however Lorenzo still has an edge on Rossi, which surely means he actually has more confidence with new tyres than Rossi, which contradicts the problem he has been having since testing began in February. In Qatar he pushed too hard, a mistake easily made but nonetheless I wouldn't be surprised if the speed of Marquez and the rejuvenated Rossi got into his head; he tried to win the race on the first lap but it didn't work. Can't blame him for trying. At Austin, he was suffering the same problems if not more, but the mistake at the start was crazy. Complete loss of concentration, his lap times suggested he would have been in and around the 3rd place battle with Dovi, Stefan and Bradley, but no more. I think it's perfectly reasonable to think that Marquez has got into his head. He definitely struggling.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Mouthing off again Kev

History repeating iself. The classic situation in retrospect was King Kenny on the cold blooded Yamaha against a rampant Freddie Spencer on the fire breathing NSR back in 1983. Freddie was more than 10% of Kenny's problem admttedly, but Kenny's focus was getting the Yamaha the way he wanted to ride it and by seasons end it all came down to one lap. Marc is brilliant and a joy to watch, but he is a side show in George's head. If Yamaha/Bridgestone don't get their act together at a rate of knots, Nakamoto may well have to build a wall between Marc and George for next year.

Reply to this Topic
gwcrim

Nov 13

gwcrim says:

NumbNutz...

Please refresh our memory.  Exactly when did VR "almost" win the race at Qatar?  Oh yeah, right before Marky Marq slammed the door shut on him about a dozen times.

You wife is "almost" faithful to you.  Except she's doing every guy who walks down the road.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

I like the

idea of roughing him up in practice.  Might as well.  Way far behind in points, playing catchup, time to see if he ruffles.  My guess it he will not, so this excercise will need to be done with a bit of panache.

dictionary.reference.com/browse/panache

Reply to this Topic
marianbv

Jul 13

marianbv says:

I think before Texas, Jorge's mind was crowded with tyre issues, chassis issues, contract issues, but Marc became an issue after Texas, when the kid told Spanish media that "I had a very good start, but Jorge's was even better!" Such a bite must hurt ...

Reply to this Topic
Strokey

Sep 02

Strokey says:

The only person who has got into JLs head is himself, I don't think Marc or most other riders for that matter deliberately play mind games unless it is borne out of a genuine animosity. Marc is like Rossi in that they both love a good fight, JL just loves to win and will fight out of frustration and anger which I hope we see lots of this year and I think we will. What is amazing about Marc is that he had to pull out the perfect last lap at Qatar to win which he did despite being off for six weeks - he'll be well up for the fight and I'm sure JL gonna bring it on too. Elbows & Fairings

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices