Skip to content

Discuss This What annoys you most about riding on the Queen's Highways? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What annoys you most about riding on the Queen's Highways?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What annoys you most about riding on the Queen's Highways?

With all sorts of things seemingly on the roads just to annoy you, we have an important question - which one really grinds your gears the most? Is it the idiots babbling away on their mobile phones, potholes the size of the North Sea, or just the sheer number of other vehicles on the road these days?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 98 days ago (23 April 2014 13:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

leterpigeon........

Are you a .......Spammer..........

Spam, spam, Spam, spam.....SPAM wonderful SPAM.............

Reply to this Topic
eyewitnessaccount

Aug 13

Freddy mercury.......

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

thats easy

all the queens!

Reply to this Topic
letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

Nooooo

Nooooooooooo! Just thought I'd announce my love of good British comedy! 

Reply to this Topic
letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

Hmm

Who would ever dream of spamming on such a topic? 

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Annoying

The number one for me is the extremely poor and often dangerous state of our roads.

Reply to this Topic
rcraven

Nov 08

rcraven says:

queens highway

I think to some  larger or lesser degree all of the above but what really gets my goat is

[1] the idiots who are weekend bikers who  only  go for a blast and lose it.  God help their families .

[2] tailgaters, whether I am in a car or on my bike. drivers or riders who forget about the first and golden rule of motoring and that is  to stop no matter what   the speed that they are doing and in the distance they can see to be clear on their side of the road.  many believe that the vehicle in front will show brake lights and therefore they will have warning and can also brake in conjunction with the car in front.  The Highway code states this rule so that if the vehicle in front comes to a sudden halt without the ability to brake then you will be sufficiently clear behind it to brake and not become involved with it.

Simplessss.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Everyone driving

on the wrong side of the road.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Having to wear a rubber thingy to ride the chocola.........sorry, wrong highway! All the above, plus what the other fine peeps have put. Can I also mention drivers who insist on continually using their interior mirrors to preen themselves. Don't use it to keep an eye out on what's behind them....................but then, they don't look in front, do they?

Reply to this Topic
Big_Boomer

Oct 05

Big_Boomer says:

INDICATORS!

Why are people too damned lazy to use their indicators. This goes for some bike riders as well. The worst is on roundabouts as you have no idea where the idiots are going so cannot plan accordingly.

Also, on roundabouts why do so many people seem to be in the wrong lane approaching roundabouts and then proceed to turn right (all the way around the outside of the roundabout) from the left lane?

The worst lane hogs are Vans. They head straight for the right lane and then sit there on cruise control (foot hard down) utterly oblivious to anything behind them. I saw one get pulled last week because he didn't pull over for a Police car. He failed to see the blue flashing lights and to hear the siren for over 5 minutes. The cop eventually undertook him and waved him over.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices