Skip to content

Discuss This What annoys you most about riding on the Queen's Highways? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > What annoys you most about riding on the Queen's Highways?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

What annoys you most about riding on the Queen's Highways?

With all sorts of things seemingly on the roads just to annoy you, we have an important question - which one really grinds your gears the most? Is it the idiots babbling away on their mobile phones, potholes the size of the North Sea, or just the sheer number of other vehicles on the road these days?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 161 days ago (23 April 2014 13:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Stu749s

Oct 07

Stu749s says:

Bad Drivers

I personally think anyone in the wrong lane/ not indicating at junctions should be banned instantly. They are obviously inept at driving and should not be allowed on her majesty's roads.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Weekend warriors

...wth their stick-on stubble prenteding to be HA or elephant -crutch street racers on their days off from the bank on the odd occasion when the sun is shining and their missues allows them to go out for a couple of hours before Sunday lunch.

300 miles a year does NOT make you a motorcyclist, it does not qualify you to pontificate on the ****-ness of other riders or their choice of machinery, and it does not qualify you to pretend to be Vale or Sykes at 40 mph in the overtaking lane when I want to gt past on my scooter on the A3, you useless pile of Ducati-riding crap.

Please **** off and die, or choose another hobby - I hear bread-making is the new rock'n roll, so do go and make a loaf and leave the road space to those of us who ride every day, rain or shine, and don't need to pretend.

If you don't do 12,000+ miles a year on motorcycles and dont ride daily in the rain, you are not a biker, and your opinion does not count. Now look at how many of those have expressed an opinion in this topic and put them in a camp. With showers....

**** car drivers, the biggest limitation in this industry are those who dont recognise they are the problem...

Reply to this Topic
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

Other motorcyclists that decline to wave or nod, more times than i can remember i have gestured to a fellow biker and been blatantly ignored seemingly because im not on a hardly abelson or the latest crappy plastic back breaker, that makes me want to turn around and push them off their bike lol

by the way scooters suck and are NOT a motorcycle therefore those who ride them cant comment either

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

My Bit...

Potholes suck but use your eyes and you avoid them (unless you stare right at them). Other riders not nodding - their ignorance not yours. Weekend warriors with an opinion about everything? Nature of the beast and again their ignorance so feck 'em at least they're still contributing something to biking no matter how small. Cagers on mobile phones? Not just annoying but bloody dangerous, the amount of times I've nearly been hit on my commute to work because someone has changed lanes without looking because they've got their phone stuck to their ear is countless. String 'em up!

Reply to this Topic
rocketzx6r

Apr 12

rocketzx6r says:

weekend warriors

Bullshit snave,trying to force divisions between bikers.I drive a van full of tools during the week,i would love to commute on a bike and do 12000+miles a week,but I would be out of work after the first day.Biking dosent need people like you,try joining the anti biker league,or joining the Tory party,you will meet likeminded people.....

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

"I drive a van full of Tools"

.........Riot Van ?........... actually though, being Serious ......... I failed dismally on the 12000 miles a year / true biker scale.....only reaching about 11999 ..........mainly due to the 4 months of flooding, Then again I did do about 16 laps of Donnington.......

Reply to this Topic
rocketzx6r

Apr 12

rocketzx6r says:

Riot van,no plumbing van,but noticed there are plenty of fookin tools on here knocking over bikers,divide and conquer   the knobs in Whitehall must be pissing themselves as the tools on here are doing their job for them for them...we will soon all be on mopeds doing 12000+miles a year ,talkin about the good old days...

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

EXCUSE ME

Scooter riders are on two wheels with an engine JUST LIKE YOU. Just because they don't have to change gear and are generally slower than a big bike means fuck all.

They face the same risks, get the same thrills and go through the same training. Jesus, why do some people have a problem with anything slightly different to them? Worse than fucking car drivers.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

+1

+1 Philehidiot.  Only ever ridden a scoot a handful of times if it's been a courtesy bike.  Not my scene, but they have their uses and I would consider one for commuting duties.  To my mind a 17 yr old doing 10,000 miles a year on a Runner 125 is 10 x more of a biker than some bell-end in 'the city' who does 500 sunny miles on his Panigale 899 so that he has something to talk about during after work drinks down Lombard Street.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Ramford

Exactly. It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

... or am I thinking of excuses for my small penis?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices