Skip to content

General Beware Quill Exhausts.. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Beware Quill Exhausts..

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Beware Quill Exhausts..

Ordered a Quill EVO2 s/steel carbon cap can and link pipe for my FZ1 back in March this year. It finally arrived on April 3rd, very nicely made but it was HUGE. Supposed to be 120mm diameter but was over 140mm so I sent it back and asked for a refund. They received and signed for it on April 4th.

April 11th I phoned them and was told that I had "used the wrong formula" when I measured the can and that it really was "120mm as we don't make a can 140mm in diameter". "Right" says I "my tape measure must be faulty because when I put the can on it, it was over 140mm wide". He says "we don't argue with customers, your money will be "sent out" on April 14th"

April 17th still no refund so left them a message on their website stating I would contact Trading Standards on the 22nd April and file a complaint if they did not pay up.

22nd April no refund, spoke to Trading Standards, got advice on how to proceed.

Phoned Quill/JB Racing/Northern Performance ltd(all same company)was told refund would go back on my card right away.

April 23rd, no refund. Sent letter via Special Delivery to JB Racing informing them they are breach of the Sale of Goods act 1979 and also the Distance Selling Regulations 2000. They now have until May 5th 2014 to refund my £245 failure to do so will result in them being taken to the Small Claims Court.

Bunch of thieving cunts.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 146 days ago (23 April 2014 16:42)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

How

very bizarre :blink:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

CB......

any time you want a Kitchen.........:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

update...

JB Racing phoned yesterday,24/04, and said they had been trying to refund my £245 to my card but couldn't do it. Turns out they were trying my details on someone else's card. Gave them details again on the promise of a refund straight away. That was 10.57 yesterday morning, still no refund.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

CB

mate, I can see this turning into on of these :upset:...

Do keep us updated, as it's always good to hear how companies deal or not as the case maybe with customer service.

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

unit..

soon be May 5th, I'll either have my refund on that day or start court proceedings. In 36 years of sending for stuff(mail order now online)this is the first time I've had a problem. 

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

CB13...

some light reading for you for the week-end.:smile...it's all good.

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

oldish..

I gave some not so good feedback and strangely it didn't make it onto their web page..

They phoned 3 times yesterday afternoon 25/04 and finally left a message. They have refunded my £245,sorry for any delay the new office boy messed up . BULLSHIT!!!! Had a look at bank account at 10.30 this morning, guess what?  They still haven't refunded my money.

Just left some more feedback. Bet that doesn't make it to the web page for public viewing either.

snev..just wondering. Why have you been viewing pictures of semi naked young men?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

^^^^^^^^

....To put Gungerdin off his Stroke.......:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

snev,

do be careful how you phrase things  :huh: Or was that deliberate? :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Bee

Deliberate......He was getting a little bit excited by my Boyle Avatar.........:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices