Skip to content

General What and when was your best Ride? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > What and when was your best Ride?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

snev

Jan 11

snev says:

What and when was your best Ride?

Mine was probably in 1988......... around France........ Half pissed on Cognac and ......... smarting from being dumped by ..."the Love of my life" (Tart)......... riding an FJ1200 to within an inch (25.4mm) of its life with "Gay abandon"......(Deck shoes, Paddock jacket, jeans and ....Bin bags for luggage...........).

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 93 days ago (23 April 2014 19:14)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I was expecting more from a

title like that :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

!st July... 2012

When i went to Hartside with the fireblade lads for the first time... I was shitting myself...:ph43r:.I did however conquer a few fears.. weather was shit but had a really fantastic day and made some great friends..:biggrin:

Lots of lovely Fire Blades...:sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

unit I might post that one on

Pub talk 0ver 18's................ with pics

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Ashley

good on you....... good to see a bit of glamour amongst a see of Grey..........:smile.

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

well it most certainly wasn't

the one when my then girlfriend rode pillion on the day I passed my test, in the dark.  All went well until the street lights finished and the extra weight (:blink:) on the back nulled the usefullness of my headlight......................

................................................at least the ditch wasn't too deep          :mellow:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

" at least the ditch wasn't too deep"

.......mine was .......:biggrin::unsure:........... oh hang on soz I thought you said bitch..................:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

well i was going

to say "at least the dyke wasn't too deep"      :blink:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Mine was

the very last ride on my Harley. Nothing to lose as I was so unhappy it was going away that day.

Totally freaked everyone else out as I used to trundle along politely at the back. Only Mr B had ever seen what I could do with it. I was laughing like a loon all the way with everything scraping and the Vance and Hines singing away. It was all extremely dangerous and it was like watching from above. A really strange exoerience and I shall never forget it.

I can get round the same bends faster and in a lot more comfort on the Triumph but nothing will ever compare wiith that ride. It was manic and magic.

When I stopped on the dealers forecourt they came out and put the Harlet srtraight into the back of a van and took it away, to make sure I couldn't change my mind. I never saw it again but I live that ride over and over again. 60 of the most fun miles ever.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

the last run on my 916

even despite the alarm messing the bike around, still the best ride i had ever. 200 miles without giving a fuck for man nor beast. left my 1st wife the same day too:biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Beefy1902

Feb 14

Beefy1902 says:

Weekend Just Passed

Probs the weekend just passed. Went to Tyndrum with Bonnyrigg MCC (23 bikes) on Saturday and all the way to Glencoe with 'Round 2' clothing shop on Sunday (circa 30 bikes). Amazing weather, great roads, beautiful scenery and braw company.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices