Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Never knew it was so complicated

The Nod :blink:

I've always found BMW/Adventure bike riders to be the most miserable, ain't got nothing against them......just find they return less nods that's all.

But saying that, of late i've found Harley/Cruiser riders ave been returning more nods :shock:

Strange ol' world innit :wacko:

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 129 days ago (24 April 2014 06:33)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Biker snobbery

Used to be weekend warriors on their Hogs who knew little about other bikes. Bought a Harley coz they'd heard of Harley. They didn't not at sportsbikies, and sportsbikeis didn't not becuase a Harley weren't a real bike like their latest wizzbang.

Then, customising got a bit cooler. Caff racers came back and sportsbikes started getting swapped for nakeds, etc. The worlds merged. Now the biker snob wants a 2-wheeled range rover so buys a GS and looks down (literally) upon all others.

Sportsbikes ain't for me, though I appreciate their talents. I like customs, dirt bikes, and retros/caff racers/supermotos (in no particular order). I also like adevnture bikes and could see an Explorer/1290/Multistrada in the ol' fantasy garage.

Reply to this Topic
Beefy1902

Feb 14

Beefy1902 says:

Ignorant Bikers

BMW and Harley riders hardly ever nod back. Not saying they are all the same as thats unfair, but a lot of them are the type of people that pass their test, go into a bike shop and buy a lifestyle. IE - New BMW, Branded Luggage, Branded Textile Suit etc. They also only ride in a straight line all day and probs get off there bikes to go round corners.

I nod at everyone, even scooters (as long as they are not wearing a track suit with no gloves) as believe all bikers should be given respect and encouragement.

Been working on nod technique and think a tilt to the side looks best. Sometimes give a wave or stick a leg out too :)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bobsnicholson

Aug 02

In Spain

It's customary to drop the left hand below the grip and just acknowledge an approaching bike. I do it all the time when in Spain.....and to any bike, if they want to reciprocate they will.

Now in UK, i posted awhile ago a (i assume)  young un on a f-off sports bike coming towards me in traffic, obviously saw i was on a Goldwing and proceeded to give me the W--nker wave. Nice.
So i chased after him....................oh sorry i went into a dream.
Anyway, i nod all the time, i would say 50% reciprocate. If i was on a sports bike maybe 70% would return the nod.
Am i bothered........let think about that.:roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Continent

So much easier, and much more bike friendly.

In Germany as well as Spain, most kids have mopeds from 14 or 15, so are used to 2 wheels.

Sticking a leg out, is the accepted alternative to a casual (underhand) wave.

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

get a nod

on ya quingo

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

"as long as they are not wearing a track suit with no gloves..."

Hey, I am going to go ride my scooter in a track suit (Cortech Latigo - yeah its cheap, but successfully crash tested).

Oh, you meant "that" kind of track suit.  :upset:

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Here in the colonies,

most Beemer riders wave.  Most Harley-Davidson riders do not.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"Most Harley-Davidson riders do not"

Do they acknowledge each other I wonder....or are they too busy trying to look all mean and moody :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Riding in Nevada

on a heritage softial, I found most other Harleys nodded, waved or something. Might've all been tourists like me though.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Lots...

Of Scooterist out last weekend all nodding and waving..I even nodded back..:shock: well i was in a good mood..:lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices