Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

boylett94

Apr 14

boylett94 says:

help please

hi 

i snapped my throttle cable a few days ago,after replacing it today i took the bike for a short ride and it cut out twice,before the cable broke the bike ran perfect,the bike was still running but not responding to the throttle,after turning the bike of and on it started after a few kicks,the throttle also seems alot more sensitive since i replaced it,does anyone have an idea what could be wrong,
thanks
the bike is a wk trail 125cc

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 126 days ago (24 April 2014 17:24)

Post a message in New rider

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mirloXXbob

Mar 14

mirloXXbob says:

Throttle cable adjustment

Check the free play in your cable. You should be able to turn the throttle a few degrees without it opening the throttle valve or slide in the carb or throttle body. If you don't have any free play the throttle might not be closing all the way. Is it idling higher than normal? That's an indication that the throttle is not closing completely. A lot of bikes are hard to start with the throttle open.

There should be a lock nut on the cable and/or where it attaches to the carb/throttle body. Adjust it until you have some free play before you start to feel resistance. Hope this helps.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

That

or take it to a man.

If a man did it, then take it back to him to do properly.

Yeh, I'm a mechanical wuss as I really need my bike. I did recently put a screen on and two eye stickers on said screen. That's about as far as I go and really I should have spent the time oiling my chain. It's drier than [censored, because it's many times worse than a nun's fanny].

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

cable

Welcome boylett94, how and where did the cable break? You say "it cut out twice" then you say "the bike was still running".:blink:

It sounds like the cable is not routed properly, did you tie the new cable to the old cable and pulled it through?

What did you remove when replacing the cable?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices