Skip to content

General Bike with KPH Speedo but not imported - is it possible? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Bike with KPH Speedo but not imported - is it possible?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

chrisbf125

Sep 10

chrisbf125 says:

Bike with KPH Speedo but not imported - is it possible?

Hi,

I want to buy a bike from eBay that has a KPH speedo but the owner says is not imported; is this possible? It's a Honda rather than an obscure European brand so it seems rather odd.

Chris

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 149 days ago (27 April 2014 10:00)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

I don't know

for sure but would say it's possible. the YBR125 i bought diect from a Yamaha dealer, whilst read speed in mph, clocked distance in km. i guess on entry level bikes it's a cost saver. Others may know more specifically regarding the reading of speed. i guess this would be more of a problem given the need to abide by British speed restrictions - given of course in mph

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

You

could, of course, ask Honda.....

Reply to this Topic
chrisbf125

Sep 10

chrisbf125 says:

Bike

The bike is a 2001 Honda VFR800i, first registered in 2002.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Import

Sounds a parallel import to me, possibilities are a kph clock with a stick on dial in mph missing, also a kph clock calibrated to mph like mine. Has the clock got mph on the inner dial as well as kph on the outer? 

Reply to this Topic
chrisbf125

Sep 10

chrisbf125 says:

eBay link

Here's a link to the eBay ad. The Speedo is in KM but has a sticker with MPH over the top. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VFR800-FI-2002-in-RED-Pre-VTEC-/111330950802?ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3AAAQ%3AGB%3A1123&ViewItem=&item=111330950802&nma=true&si=0aCeP25Q5is8yiXqHNTad%252BniHH4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

You need to replace

the speedometer clock and the speedo sensor in the drive sprocket case, that drives off the drive sprocket 14mm bolt.Could buy a full clock set from a breakers(and the sensor)or buy a new one, about $160 what ever that is in pounds?

Reply to this Topic
kentuckey

Aug 02

kentuckey says:

Digital dash

Looking at the pics I would say the dash is duel reading, somewhere within the menu there is a button to change from one to the other.

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

If it's a 2001

it has a Analog speedo and rev counter, last of the gear drive cams, then went V-tec shite :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

defo sounds an import,

as mentioned likely a parallel......dealer near me used to import new bikes (from Holland i think)..   I had a Kwak grey import with kph stickers, which is a crap 'fix' tbh...but cheap !!

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

chrisb125...

the bidding ended last night.But look at the clocks on this bike review from MCN......no mention of weather the trip meters can switch between Kph and Mph though.2001 vfr review.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices