Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP Argentina: Another clean sweep weekend for Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP Argentina: Another clean sweep weekend for Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

MotoGP Argentina: Another clean sweep weekend for Marquez

Marc Marquez has ignited paddock speculation that he’s looking to complete the perfect year in MotoGP, as he makes it three from three to win easily in Argentina. The young Spaniard didn’t have the race all his own way, however, with a fierce battle in the opening stages seeing him back in seventh after a poor start, while Jorge Lorenzo cleared...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 156 days ago (27 April 2014 19:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Yes

I watched all Gardner's races at the time, and more recently archival footage of somehow staying on after an incredible tank-slapper then just pushing on.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

de Grasse

I don|t agree with zour point:

"...he can ride a hard tyre and be faster it is because sliding the rear tyre is less abrasive than using it on corner speed on the edge".

I believe a power slide is far more abrasive for the tire than corner speed, after all the difference in corner speed doesn't justify the degradation on some Bridgestones. The Hondas are better because of their chassis. Sliding the bike actually allows Marquez and Pedrosa to aim for the corner with the bike in a more upright position, therefore they can open the throttle sooner...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Huw!!!!..We can agree on something for once...

..although, I did tell you that quite some time ago.

..but great, finally you're getting with the program..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

JW

That last comment of yours was spot-on .. that was my point but my poor attempt at irony fell flat ...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Jeez you guys are too fast

Benny ...  the comment you made at 16:06 I was referring to.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

At this rate Saturn...

..we'll be spit roasting Huw, just in time for tea. That's three of us 16:06'ers..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Jeez what a box of blunt tools

Stoner was on third rate Michelins in 2006. Not SNS which was the privilege of one, not Grade A rubber reserved for factory teams, but the left over **** that Michelin TOLD him to race on. Often different rubber to which he'd even practiced on.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Not special JW

Plenty of other 'stones men with the same rubber available. Just given decent rubber which he could trust having actually practiced and dialled his machine in for on the damn things.  I think you'll find you're mistakenly comparing him to a silver spoon racer.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

Time to move up to 2014 .... Stoner was 'then' this is 'now' ... bad enough with DeG burying his head in 1978

The only thing MM has in common with KR is they both slide the rear ... there the comparison ends .... the  MM style is way, way, way different to King Kenny's.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Rubber + Magneti Marelli, maybe

Oh forgot, he don't need electronics.

Rossi does - his go up to eleven because he is special...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices