Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP Argentina: Another clean sweep weekend for Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP Argentina: Another clean sweep weekend for Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

MotoGP Argentina: Another clean sweep weekend for Marquez

Marc Marquez has ignited paddock speculation that he’s looking to complete the perfect year in MotoGP, as he makes it three from three to win easily in Argentina. The young Spaniard didn’t have the race all his own way, however, with a fierce battle in the opening stages seeing him back in seventh after a poor start, while Jorge Lorenzo cleared...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 95 days ago (27 April 2014 19:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Saturn

As always, I'm only correcting bullshit. Much of it previously of course being yours!

This argie bargy race had an eerie feeling of being what may well be to come for the rest of 2014 in terms of finshing orders.

Jerez should be an almighty stoush though. DP & JL just have to make some kind of statement here if they have any pretensions of fighting with Marquez for this title.

J.W that **** is so tedious and it's the same bl00dy answer too. Loris Capirossi. The riders rider of the year in 2006.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

could Stoner keep it up without outside assistance?'.

Is that why the Ducati mechanic intervened?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

As I've always said Nostro

'Bullshit Baffles Brains' specifically yours.  haha.

As for Jerez - I personally think MM is going the nail the opposition's ball's to the tarmac.  It appears he has at least a second in hand over the others anywhere he goes.   Trailing JL for half a dozen laps as he did in Argentina you just knew he could pass anywhere, anytime he wanted and pull away.

He could be on course for a clean sweep for the whole season.   I can't recall anyone having done it before but you wouldn't put it past MM would you ?    Mechanical failure ? ... unlikely with the Repsol RCV ... Crash ?... unlikely given what he has in hand !

The mind boggles.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Marquez

is doing exactly as I predicted before the season started.
Not even Lorenzo stands a chance as some predicted.
It is hard to see any rider beating Marc this season unless he crashes (something else a lot predicted) or DNFs.
The guy is making the riders that used to be the best in the world look stupid.
Fantastic to see.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

There are times

in history things just line up.  The right talent, the right machinery, tires, crew.  And noone can do anything about it.  It comes it goes.  Like Schumacher w/Ferrari.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Gee, you're not really in a class of one there are you Buelli?

Plenty on here had voiced their opinion pre season that MM might just make a complete mockery of 2014.

Lorenzo's problems have been well documented, but perhaps he's over his tantrums now and will just get on with the task at hand.

Pedro I feel has eased himself into the season by not sticking his neck out, having the sole aim of gathering solid points in the opening three flyaways. If he cannot complete with MM at Jerez then sure, he's in a lot of trouble for the remainder of 2014.

Aintnothin'. I'll thank you not to swear like that. F1 - pah! 90% car 10% driver. Unfortunately for the Terrapin he wasn't quite up to the 10% mark with Ferrari and was forced to stay with bikes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Aaaaarrrrrr haaa haaarrr

How be the pivoted sail brake ahab?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Jeez...........

Stoner, Stoner, Stoner, Stoner! Many here said he'll be easily forgotten. The latest evidence suggests otherwise as a 'non-Stoner fan' was the first to mention him on this thread. For the record, I doubt CS could match MM if he came back. Equally for the record, the way MM is being lauded for his dominance is the complete opposite to when Casey switched to Honda and dominated. Maybe it's all in the PR driven smile? If that's what 'floats ya boat' then fair enough. Rather you than me.

Reply to this Topic
gwcrim

Nov 13

gwcrim says:

The potential for a perfect season is there.  It's entirely possible.  Problem is, sh*t happens.

It's hard to compare champs over the years.  Seriously guys.  One thing for sure, any champ of any year was able to handle the competition at hand with the machinery they had. 

Could Stoner beat Doohan?  Could Marquez outslide Roberts?  Could Jesus get the holeshot on Lorenzo?  Is Keven really a schwantz?

Stay tuned as the Peanut Gallery answers these and other questions here at Motorcycle News dot com. 

MotoGP 2014:  The Race for Second Place

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Ah...PC..re. Stoner.

I am sure you remember a wee while ago you said I was one of the ones that always put Stoner down.
I proved you wrong but you did not respond.
Any reason?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices