Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP Argentina: Another clean sweep weekend for Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP Argentina: Another clean sweep weekend for Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

MotoGP Argentina: Another clean sweep weekend for Marquez

Marc Marquez has ignited paddock speculation that he’s looking to complete the perfect year in MotoGP, as he makes it three from three to win easily in Argentina. The young Spaniard didn’t have the race all his own way, however, with a fierce battle in the opening stages seeing him back in seventh after a poor start, while Jorge Lorenzo cleared...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 96 days ago (27 April 2014 19:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

What ? Bayliss never raced on a 800cc

True, the 990cc GP6 was certainly a wonderful bike, Bayliss' only career GP victory and Capriossi 229 points 3 wins 5 podiums can prove it. But the 800cc GP7 was a completely different bike, and nowhere near the versatility of a GP6 . No comparison can be objectively drawn between both bike.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Red, wheel front and back, trellis frame, L configeration desmo valves, give or take 160cc pretty damn close

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

the 800cc GP7 was a completely different bike

...yeah, it was 190cc smaller.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Didn't Bayliss use his superbike team techs to set the bike up for him on that wild ard ride,

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pedantic

I'm not trying to be but ... but ... put a CBR600 engine in a CBR1000 and see if it's a different bike ???   I'm on the same page as Druids on this one.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Do you think the 07 Ducati

was an evil handling pig saturn?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Supers

I have to say I did not notice the poor handling in 07 but what I did notice was the phenomenal speed down the straight ... it went past the Yamaha like it was going backwards.  I don't accept Ahab's take that the speed advantage was negated after a couple of races.   It was faster the whole season ...  in 08 and 09 the speed advantage was reeled in  making he who shall not be mentioned ride harder culminating in his many front end crashes ... that's when the bad handling became noticeable.     IMO that is !

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I'd call that

a fair assessment.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Love the fact the 07 bike wobbled round the last corner like a drunk pig then managed to slaughter factory spec RCVs and M1s down the straight, fark the Duc must have had at least 30% more power

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Ducati

stole a march on the Jap's in 07 .. it was reported in MCN around June 06 that Ducati had already rolled out an 800 in anticipation of the 800 series and were already testing it.  HRC and Yamaha did not roll out their 800's till the end of the season and were 6 months behind on development.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices