Skip to content

Discuss This No Honda production bike updates in Jerez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No Honda production bike updates in Jerez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No Honda production bike updates in Jerez

Honda has dashed hopes that its new production RCV1000R machine will get an imminent performance upgrade for the likes of Scott Redding and Nicky Hayden. The Japanese factory’s Open class project has been criticised for lacking acceleration and top speed, with the RCV1000R not equipped with factory spec technology like pneumatic valves and a seamless shift gearbox. Briton Redding and ex-MotoGP world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 90 days ago (30 April 2014 10:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

Jerez

I think it will do just fine at tracks like Jerez and I wouldnt be surprised to see one in Q2 and maybe on the fringe of top 6 in the race if  ridden to its potential

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hayden just got beaten by Aoyama

he's in no position to whinge about the bike! Not one of the four riders has reached the potential of the thing yet. Will they ever? I personally believe only Scott has the ability to extract all that machine has.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Honda

Just sounds like typical Honda arrogance and the usual sell it high, price it high and deliver it low mindset that they are so good at perpetuating.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What other examples have you got Sunday Roast beyond this very tenuous one?

Reply to this Topic
stavros012008

Oct 08

you carnt argue with facts ..its slow down the straights ..no one says it wont corner ..Honda has a name for speed in moto gp so that's abit tainted now ...why should teams spend serious mular to put confidence in a Honda when Honda wont address their concerns ...just my opinion

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Bang for buck

The Open teams are getting plenty.

The other options were the slightly cheaper Avintia or PB route or three x the price satty machines.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What ART? Or as Yamaha said - they had no intention of providing Forward with factory chassis' and certainly will not be 2015.

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

honda

Its faster than the ART that Ioda are running, its only being trounced by one of the Forward racing bikes who it appears are fortunate to have a Yamaha frame and it looks to me that like what was previously said the Honda is getting quicker as teams learn to better set it up. 

Last weekend was a good outing on a fast track, it needs more ponies but we should reserve judgement until we come to some of the tracks like Jerez, Sachsonsing and La Mans  as it could really shine there particularly when its comparatively inexpensive compared to the other ptions

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

You have

qualified riders trying to get all they can out of the bike, which they probably are.  If you don't have enough horsepower you don't have enough horsepower.

I think it comes down to what expectations Honda gave these teams.  Not much point to being allowed 12 engines and freedom to develop if Honda can't be bothered.

Shame on Nicky for allowing Aoyama to pip him on the last corner!

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Time to give

Bautista's bike to one of the Open riders.  Why is this guy still in GP?  Why was De Puniet in GP so long?

"Fast when they finish" really doesn't cut it in my opinion.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices