Skip to content

Discuss This No Honda production bike updates in Jerez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No Honda production bike updates in Jerez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No Honda production bike updates in Jerez

Honda has dashed hopes that its new production RCV1000R machine will get an imminent performance upgrade for the likes of Scott Redding and Nicky Hayden. The Japanese factory’s Open class project has been criticised for lacking acceleration and top speed, with the RCV1000R not equipped with factory spec technology like pneumatic valves and a seamless shift gearbox. Briton Redding and ex-MotoGP world...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 116 days ago (30 April 2014 10:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Nicky's comments

from Crash.net

“I am really looking forward to going to Jerez this week, it's an interesting track. You could say the season is more back to normal this weekend after a night race in Qatar, a very difficult weekend for us in Texas and a new track in Argentina.

“Now we go to Europe, the home of the championship, and a circuit we all know well. It's an awesome track with an unbeatable atmosphere and most riders are fast there. I always enjoying racing at Jerez.

“You can't use all of the power of a MotoGP bike in certain sections of the track but that could prove to be an advantage to us compared to the factory bikes. If we do our job right maybe we can get closer and be more competitive. Hopefully the conditions are on our side.”

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The ground war..

It's pretty clear Hayden & Redding have been disappointed with the engine of the RCVR. Nakamoto - who doesn't seem to be doing much talking recently - and Suppo ought to be ashamed of their blatant hood-winking to sell the bike.

Jerez, LeMans & Sachsenring probably represent the bike's best chance of shining..and it would be a much needed fillip for both English speaking riders if they could take heart from improved performances at the next couple of rounds.

..point 1, 3, even point 7 will be tough. Jerez is 27 laps. If they can stay a second a lap from the Factory bikes on raceday - say 30 seconds from Pedrosa - HRC will feel vindicated waiting until Europe to make a decision if & when upgrades arrive.

If the gap is much more and with HRC expecting hard up teams to pay for extra's..who is going to stump up should the bike remain 1.5 - 2+ secs a lap slower?

Surely Honda will not allow the production racer project to be still born, with Yamaha taking the business next year? 

This story is going to run and run. Interesting times ahead..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

So Wosi, I expect DORNA'S increased tyre allocation will be welcomed by you? Another wedge between the different categories instead of trying to achieve some type of confluence before we go 'one make' in 2016. I think Caramello is quickly becoming your new idol.

You're barking up the wrong tree (or is that ya missus?) trying to make out HRC are the bad blokes when 99% of GP pundits and associates agree that they're actually the only ones who stuck to the guidelines of what an open bike should represent. How Forward/Yamaha got away with last years factory bike is a mystery but I guess the series is better for it and why HRC aren't quickly following with the Gresini or LCR bike is actually plain dumb but indicates what straight shooters they really are and what integrity they have.

Take Bob's advice and forget what the yank press says cause we know they're more one eyed than you on the vinegar stroke clutching your yellow pillow, re-read Mamola's thoughts of Hayden on the Honda if you need reminding! The bike is a good-un and significantly better than it's current riders are making of it, using Honda as a smokescreen to avoid talking about Flo is typical of your style but wasted, the old mincer is actually doing ok, he just can't quite cut it without that significant advantage though, obviously his employer (bridgestone) see some advantage in giving him more tyres, let's see.

Oh and a snippet just in... Sky Racing Team rep in talks with Gresini Racing's Mr Merlini. Don't know if yellow goes with black and blue?

Bye Bye Baby!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Almost..but not quite..

Nearly a whole comment without a dig at Rossi?

Who, if rumours of a one year contract extension are true, will be competing in his 20th season of Grand Prix racing next year.

20 years racing at the top? That's a lesson in durability and toughness Casey can only dream about.

Imagine if he'd enjoyed getting paid millions to ride the fastest bikes on the planet all over the world and embraced the sport? Shame..he'd probably of had enough time to back up a title!

Conspiracy theories about tyres being made just for Val are a bit limp nowadays pal..you must have been reminded of that big ol rams ring tied up out the back looking at pictures of his front hoop after CotA? Gave you a touch, I bet.

As for HRC being straight shooters?..remind me to stand behind you when we're next out pop-shotting buck rabbits in The Boonies.

Ezpeleta is doing a hatchet job on Nakamoto, who's probably next in line for the bullet, and certainly has my support.

Bridgestone are spending tens of millions a year to be involved for very little it seems, and it's another feather in Don Carmelo's hat that he's managed to get them to shell out more by increasing allocation. 

If anyone is getting preferential treatment it's next door neighbours and fellow funny handshake Nips Honda, who must be pissed about the new deal.

Less is always more for them..fuel, engines, testing, tyres..nobody else has the resources to compete that way.

Still..that's all about to change and everyone will be happy soon.

Apart from a sorry few jilted #27ers perhaps..boo hoo..ha ha

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

There's something you will never grasp Wosi, unlike that turgid little pimple permanently affixed to your right hand. It is indeed a stellar career and to be still going as strong as he is, is a real credit to him but it does not negate the opinion that he is and has been a very pampered member of the DORNA Machine and quite different from the outwardly happy, fair and equitable competitor he tries so hard to portray and sell (quite successfully) to the sheep, who has NEVER been able to succeed on anything but the best equipment in motogp.

Nowhere did I suggest tyres were being made for him, read my comment again. Just a repeat of 2012 where Carmello's intentions don't benefit the intended recipient.

HRC are getting preferential treatment but Naka's is in Espeleta;s sights??? Again, you're not making sense.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

It's all you fault Bootlegger

You asked ''where's Bob'' and here comes his ugly head emerging like an awakened Dragon from his dark and dank lair breathing fire and brimstone.

Briefly .. why did the get the best equipment Buttamasangy ?   Same reason as Marquez Pedrosa and Lorenzo .. you dozy ****.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The difference Saturn

is the Terrapin's never liked sharing, least it showed him up. Whoops...

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Being able to suck a golf ball through a garden hose might have had something to do with it Sadturd.

I'd be interested to know your take on how Ezpeleta knew Rossi was going to Yamaha in May of 2012 after finishing 7th and subsequently 6th on the Ducati? There are many other examples but I'll leave you to ponder just this one for now.

Collusion, favoritism? Wankers like you are doing your best to turn this into WWF.

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

How did he know?

Who would you have put on the second factory Yam Bob?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Casey

Fackin Stoner no doubt

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN