Skip to content

Discuss This Marc VDS in Yamaha talks for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc VDS in Yamaha talks for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc VDS in Yamaha talks for 2015

Scott Redding’s former Moto2 squad has kicked off talks with Yamaha about a switch to MotoGP in 2015. The Marc VDS squad is one of the highest profile teams operating outside of the premier class, with a three-rider effort in Moto2 and Moto3. But after lengthy talks about a MotoGP move ended last season, the Belgium-based squad has again launched ambitious plans...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 175 days ago (30 April 2014 11:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Ioda were asking 5 million euros for there grid spot.

http://www.speedweek.com/motogp/news/54052/Marc-VDS-2015-mit-Rabat-in-der-MotoGP-WM.html

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Doesn't Carmelo want

a permanent grid of 26. There's a little wiggle room. Providing grid slot monetary value was the plan long ago too.

How many bikes are those Suzuki poof's intending to enter. One or two?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Suzuki

Seems like it could be Pedrosa and Dovi if the rumour mill is to be believed.   Leaving one Honda and one Ducati ride up for grabs.    Lets add a bit more fat to the fire .... Jorge to fill the Honda seat ?    Pol to fill the Yamaha seat ?     Aleix to fill the Ducati seat ?    any takers ?

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Iannone

would get the factory Ducati gig... and if Jorge did go to Honda (which I very much doubt) it really would be a Honda championship then... cos who else would get close to those two?

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Obvious

Casey Stoner would get close to those 2 :D

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

No

He wouldn't.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Not you Saturn but the rumours

What the hell Pedrosa would do with Suzuki when he can get a a Movistar M1 or just keep his bike ?

For obvious reasons Lorenzo going to Honda is more probable than, let's say 2 months ago, but even in the case Lorenzo indeed takes Pedrosa's seat, I can't see how in the end, they wouldn't just exchange positions. 

And personally, Pedrosa on a M1 could be a thrill to watch... If people thought Lorenzo's style is effective with a M1, they maybe forgot Pedrosa was the true King of corner speed in 250cc.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I agree

Druids. Pedrosa on a Yamaha factory bike would be very interesting. Jorge would have to significantly change his style to ride the factory Honda.

Not so much that Stoner wouldn't be competitive Saturn, but that he won't be competitive, because he won't be coming back.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's a third from me

A rider with a bit of dynamism to his style (perhaps forced upon him by the RCV incidently). Pedro on the M1 is a proposition I relish too.

Interesting to read that Lorenzo feels he has one more big step to make as a rider. There's no white flag being flown there as the short attention span brigade have been spouting.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Seats

I would love to see Pedrosa on the M1 and Jorge on the RCV next season! I wonder how that would pan out over the season, what a showdown that would be! Two of the top riders swapping bikes, it would be exciting to see who would come out on top. 

Unless Iannone becomes consistant at beating Dovi, I imagine Dovi will keep his factory Ducati seat. If the former does happen though Dovi to Suzuki does sound like a good shout, with Iannone moving up to the full factory/open ride.

As for the second Suzuki seat, I would be very interested in seeing Eugene Laverty have a shot in MotoGP, especially on the Suzuki.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices