Skip to content

Discuss This Can Marquez 'clean sweep' the 2014 season? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Can Marquez 'clean sweep' the 2014 season?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Can Marquez 'clean sweep' the 2014 season?

With three rounds done in the 2014 MotoGP season, and Marc Marquez currently three for three at the top of the table, whispers have started about whether or not he’s got the potential to complete the mythical ‘clean sweep’ of the series; something that only Mike Hailwood and Mick Doohan have even come close to. But there’s a long season still...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 87 days ago (30 April 2014 13:53)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

MM is showing the others where the real limit is

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

The real question is

Will he 'clean sweep' the season. Of course he can, but will he? 

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

MMNN

Possible but highly unlikely, he would need a huge amount of good fortune for that to happen and he had a lot of that last season too, so many crashes and no significant injury, Jorge three crashes and two painful shoulder injuries.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

MM

He has got the best chance of a clean sweep in a very long time. The last time I thought it was possible was when Rossi was onboard the RCV! I honestly believe that as long as he stays injury free Marquez will be unbeaten come the end of the season.

Reply to this Topic
truantray

Jan 14

truantray says:

Doohan Jr.

He reminds me of Doohan, and they only thing that slowed Doohna down was a crash

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

No Vote No Brainer

Of course he won't clean sweep all 18 races. By happenstance on occasion and by self imposed restriction on other occosions based on merit of the situation in hand, he certainly won't. Doohan's 12 in one season is under serious threat however. At one point or another Rossi, Stoner and Lorenzo also looked like notching up 13 wins in one season.Never happened, but given this start, it may well happen for Marc, but 18 straight BAH!!!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Marquez is

less liable to crash, than the chasing pack are, trying to match his relentless pace. Another win on Sunday, is most definitely on the cards for him. 

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

He

has the same chance of a clean sweep as me winning the lottery and getting off with Cheryl Cole, so yes he can do it.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

He's brilliant at the mo but i reckon its highly unlikely he'l finish every race and win em all.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

UMM.....

Not a hope.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN