Skip to content

Discuss This Bridgestone to end MotoGP tyre supply deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bridgestone to end MotoGP tyre supply deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bridgestone to end MotoGP tyre supply deal

Bridgestone has announced that its role as official tyre supplier to the MotoGP world championship will end at the end of the 2015 campaign. The Japanese factory has been involved in MotoGP since 2002 and became the exclusive official supplier when the premier class introduced a single tyre rule for the 2009 season onwards. Bridgestone’s current three-year deal expires at the end...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 85 days ago (01 May 2014 10:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Good news...kinda

Never been a fan of the one tyre rule, although perhaps my rose tinted view of the 500/990 era is getting in the way. For me though this is a step in the right direction, and hopefully they will drop the on tyre rule altogether. 

Reply to this Topic
dozyhonda

Jun 06

dozyhonda says:

Pirelli

Clearly there is a deal already made and one can assume that Pirelli will be the sole tyre supplier. I presume that Ducati will be loiving this...crap Italian bike and poor Italian tyres... they might even win!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You saying JW

God created all motorcycles equal?

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

Done deal?

Maybe, but it's hardly a Dorna conspiracy. Who wants to do it, and who can do it? Two, three manufacturers, and they've all been in motorsport at the highest level anyway.

Three weeks is plenty of time to decide if they want to do it, what they need to make it work, and what they can offer.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Lets hope

they use North Koreas finest Fukme tyres. 

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

riders are heading down the 'single rule' as well. seems that under 5'5" and spanish is the main criteria!

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

JW

Hehe! When it comes to pearls of wisdom ...none of us could ever compete with you mate

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

The Bridgestone tyre deal has been a bigger fiasco

than Ahab's pole dancing classes

..someone said "grease my pole"   before you know it Ahab's walking home like he's riding a small invisible horse

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Oh deary me huw

what happened to the mellow chilled out dude from last week? run out of medication?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I don't think I'm the one that needs to get over it

huw   =)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle