Skip to content

Discuss This All-new Ariel prototype spied testing New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > All-new Ariel prototype spied testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

All-new Ariel prototype spied testing

An eagle-eyed MCN reader snatched this exclusive spy shot of the prototype Ariel roadster undergoing testing close to the firm's Somerset factory. The picture reveals the bike has much more radical engineering wrapped around the Honda VFR1200F engine and swingarm than previously thought. Most striking, and surprising, is the unconventional front-end, which has a striking similarity to the 'girder' front suspension used...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 92 days ago (01 May 2014 16:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Copy

So much like a Wraith that it probably is.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

what dingbat

...put the watermark right over the image? You're talking about something we can't see because some idiot subbie put a walloping great `motorcyclenews` text over it. The useless font...

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Hey MCN

Hey MCN, if you want us to find your spy photos of interest, don't cover the very subject you are trying to show with your damn logo.  You can move that freaking logo an inch lower and it would still be OK.  You are covering the whole bike, the very reason this article exists. 

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Do not worry about the image it is just an accident damaged vfr1200 sprayed matt black.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Should be good

If its any thing like their cars it should be good. I wish them the best of luck seeing that they are a small british firm with a strong design and engineering team who bring out some fantastic cars

Reply to this Topic
truantray

Jan 14

truantray says:

bob her

if they take any longer, they will completely miss the bobber fad.

I really like how they attached that text to the back of the saddle.

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Watermark

The watermark has been placed there because of the continuous blatant theft of our images by some many other websites which happens every single time we run an exclusive . It's the only way we can make this work online unfortunately.

When we have put watermarks to the side of the images we've had other websites simply steal the image and put their own over the top. 

The full image can be found in this week's paper which is also available online in the Apple Newstand or Google Store for those who live outside of the UK.

Hope this helps clarify.

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
nique

Aug 02

nique says:

Watermark

Dear Mr Downes

I take your point on the watermark....but really it looks as though its been done by a 10 year old.

There are plenty of different ways you could have done this and retained the watermarking whilst still showing the detail of the shot.

Just as a side note, the watermark you've placed could easily be removed anyway with a simple inbuilt tool in the world's favourite digital manipulation s/w.

HTH

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

How on earth is that a Bobber? Please look up the term and use it correctly. 

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I wouldn't worry about someone stealing this image because you can't see the bike anyway, with not only your logo but the rider's right leg too! I'll pass comment when I've seen it and when they have finished the back end as there doesn't seem to be anything there at the moment.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices