Skip to content

Discuss This All-new Ariel prototype spied testing New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > All-new Ariel prototype spied testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

All-new Ariel prototype spied testing

An eagle-eyed MCN reader snatched this exclusive spy shot of the prototype Ariel roadster undergoing testing close to the firm's Somerset factory. The picture reveals the bike has much more radical engineering wrapped around the Honda VFR1200F engine and swingarm than previously thought. Most striking, and surprising, is the unconventional front-end, which has a striking similarity to the 'girder' front suspension used...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 143 days ago (01 May 2014 16:09)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Downesy, old fruit: Unless you have been assigned copyright the rights to the image still rest with the anonymous MCN reader who took the shot.The point of acquiring the image is to inform your readership - yet the watermark precludes the purpose of the article, and the acquisition cost. Making a perfectly serviceable digital image of no use is not really Good News...

The real problem for Ariel must surely be the Viffer 12 motor - looks like that dud's gonna be chopped by Honda before it can be bobbed by Ariel....

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Congratulations Andy....

Thanks for Letting us all see the Spy Photo's of this new and exciting British developed Bike .......... I will Look forward to seeing it in the Flesh.............Before I .....pass Judgement......... I remember a few Years ago when Ariel asked, by way of a poll........ what we would like them to Make.......... So it Seems that this was what we all wanted.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

This is not Watermark.

Watermark is a fully transparent logo placed on paper in the old days and now on digital images. 

What you have here is not watermark, it's blatant blockage of the image with an opaque logo smacked right in the middle of where the real info is. 

This is simply a very poor and unthoughtful way of showing an image or a spy image. 

There are ways to protect images without offending the viewer and blocking the very thing that is the whole subject of your story. 

First: Who really cares about this story, besides a handful of people?  Why go ballistic.  You aren't sharing the next superbike from Duc! 

Second: You can simply increase the transparency level and still achieve the same results, but NEVER block the very subject you are trying to promote.  Move it down a little. 

Third: You can adjust the size of the logo and it will still offer similar results. 

Fourth: If I give you any more free advise I'd have to charge you as a client.

RacingShiva.com

Reply to this Topic
taz_of_tazmania

Nov 02

Dodgy brakes?

Looks like the brakes might need a bit more attention before going into production judging by how close the rider's managed to get to the back of the car before stopping ;-) 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices