Skip to content

Discuss This Who would you most like to see replace Bridgestone? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Who would you most like to see replace Bridgestone?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Who would you most like to see replace Bridgestone?

With Bridgestone announcing today that 2015 will be their last year as MotoGP tyre supplier after years as the sole choice of rubber in the class, there's a huge hole left to be filled in the premiere class in time for the 2016 season. Pirelli, Michelin and Dunlop - all with decades of racing experience - have expressed interest in returning...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 92 days ago (01 May 2014 17:10)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
firkit

Apr 05

firkit says:

Tyres

What about the lesser brands ?ie avon maxis etc

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Pirelli

Its got to be Pirelli. They bring out some excellent tyres in WSB and with similar tyres which could be used  between WSB and MOTOGP It would be easier for riders to adapt between series and also it would give a good comparson between WSB and MOTOGP bikes. Its just a shame Dorna are dumbing down WSB Regs

Reply to this Topic
leoelvis

May 10

leoelvis says:

pirelli

they are lesser brands for a reason. i wouldnt put those on my bike if someone gave me a pair.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Pirelli

Would be a bloodbath looking at F1.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

be careful what you wish for .... Hankook are the sole tyre supplier for the DTM in Germany with an exclusive five year deal.

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

rubber

get back to the 'tyre wars', pick your brand at the start of the season , stick with it, then the development flows down to us mortals.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Tyre wars FTW!

Reply to this Topic
nakedbri

Mar 10

nakedbri says:

The question was..?

Really??? Who cares? The tyres will be specifically developed, astronomically priced and completely usless and unnatainable by 99.9% of the world. This provides no benefit and is interesting only in knowing who is providing them may win you a pub quiz. Where is the box for 'I have no interest or opinion either way as it makes no diofference to anything'.

Just sayin' ;)

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Any argument on this matter is hoopless. Bridgestone have retyred, so clearly there's no angle to put a spin on and no-one else wants a grip, only to get their ass pecked.

Put 'em all on shop-bought Cheng Shins. It was bloody good enough for us back in the day and who knows, even Edwards might be able to get the bloody thing turned...

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

POOR TYRE

I must admit Pirellis work in WSB but I have them on my road bike and lost the front end last year and crashed and they have never inspired confidence like the michelins or bridgestones i have got on my other bikes

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices