You are in... Forums > General > General > Thank you Halfords

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Mickly

Dec 02

Mickly says:

Thank you Halfords

More specifically Aimee at Halfords, Foleshill, Coventry.

The battery on the mighty Speed trip finally gave up the ghost (9 years old & the Missus accidentally switched off the Optimate ) Desperate to get out this weekend I went to Halfords for a new battery, £55, I said that I could get it on line for £35, no worries said   (The cute) Aimee, we'll price match it!!
So I got £20 off and got the battery today rather than waiting for it to be delivered.
That what I call a result.
Worth bearing in mind next time your after something in a hurry.
Mickey.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 135 days ago (03 May 2014 21:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Well at least Halfords.......

Haven't gone bust yet......due to the wonderful Faceless/Premises less Cute Staff less and Come backless ....Internet......... :unsure:.....it's OK.....I'm Biased :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Mickly

Dec 02

Mickly says:

Absolutely agree

I don't know how they can do it.

Having to pay for showroom overheads, advertising & cute staff....there must be enough people willing to pay for the convenience / personal touch, that the business model works.
Mickly.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Mickly....My Own Business

Not Only Works but actually Betters the Internet Whilst Giving Good old Traditional Honest and Down to earth Service and On-going help without all the Hype and Sale Bollocks......... as Phil Collins sang......."Against All Odds"....................... Oh and .....I'll never be Rich but at least I'll be able to Sleep at Night........:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
Mickly

Dec 02

Mickly says:

E'rr

Sorry mate, not in the market for a new kitchen:tongue:

Mickly.

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Goodness, snev.

I'm beginning to feel guilty about letting Mr B fit my kitchen. If only we'd known you back then. :upset:

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Seriously Though..... Today I Sold

4 Kitchens........ despite all the Big companies "Sales" and "Free This and That".......... We Sold a £7000 one that was a far better spec than a £15000 one from W''''S......... and a £9000 one that was £4200 cheaper than a H-----S one that had a so Called 82% off.........again ours was a higher spec............... Our London customer Paid £82.000 for one from a place in Holland Park and we Did an Equivalent including Granite and Miele Appliances for £22.000 ........It Beggars Belief what Bollocks some people Pay...............:unsure: 

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

battery

£35 :blink:, Optimate this time of year :blink:.

The bike charges the battery.:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Halfords?

Ok for accessories sometimes, but miserable bastards for jobs. I've applied twice for a part time job with them and didn't even get an interview. Seems a time served toolmaker with 39 years experience in engineering doesn't beat a 20 year old spotty phone fanatic when it comes to assembling bikes. And have you ever seen anyone over 25 working there? I've only noticed recently. Are they a bit ageist?  No, of course I'm not bitter!!!:mad::mad::mad:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
letterpigeon

Feb 14

letterpigeon says:

Feeler guages

Well they still didn't know what feeler gauges were! Asked the lad mulling around the tools part, he said he'd never even heard of them! Asked him if there was anybody else about who would know to which he replied "Nah, I'm the only person on today who knows anything about tools". HOW CAN YOU WORK ON A TOOLS SECTION AND NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT FEELER GAUGES ARE?!?!

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

last week

needed a replacement gear cable for my push bike, click and collect at Halfords £1.99, on the shelf in store £4.99, so saved £3 by taking a number that was text to my mobile by Halfords !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices