Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Marquez continues 100% win record in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Marquez continues 100% win record in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Marquez continues 100% win record in 2014

Marc Marquez claimed his first ever victory at the Jerez circuit to continue his amazing 100% record in 2014 after also claiming pole position. Marquez was forced to battle with Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi in the early laps as the pair battled for the lead. But on lap three Marquez pulled the pin and eased away from Rossi, who was unable...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 86 days ago (04 May 2014 14:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Wales finest

6 34 D. GIUGLIANO ITA Ducati Superbike Team Ducati 1199 Panigale R             1'35.476 1.119 SP2
7 59 N. CANEPA ITA Althea Racing Ducati 1199 Panigale R EVO                            1'35.500 1.143 SP2
8 58 E. LAVERTY IRL Voltcom Crescent Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000                        1'35.646 1.289 SP2
9 22 A. LOWES GBR Voltcom Crescent Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000                         1'35.684 1.327 SP2
10 24 T. ELIAS ESP Red Devils Roma Aprilia RSV4 Factory                                      1'36.203 1.846 SP2
11 91 L. HASLAM GBR PATA Honda World Superbike Honda CBR1000RR          1'36.284 1.927 SP2
12 7 C. DAVIES GBR Ducati Superbike Team Ducati 1199 Panigale R                   1'36.288 1.931 SP2

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Ha ha Rainman

That took you a while. Good for you though. Get back in the saddle as they say, after making a complete f*ckin' t!t of yourself.

Don't push it though. A man of your advanced years really shouldn't.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

We should send the new

MCN to Nostrils!

ROSSI STILL HAVE IT

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Shame Marquez has more.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

That was always going to happen 987

Same fate awaits Marquez way down the road apiece !

Reply to this Topic
TheApexTwin

Feb 14

TheApexTwin says:

Intermission

Now that the pantomime below's stopped for a break, anyone mind me offering some thoughts on our beloved Cal?

I know MCN have some dealings with Dek Crutchlow, so could they please have a word and tell his boy to stop acting the tw@t? 'Telling it like it is' only really counts when you're saying truths that others are afraid to admit. Would he have said 'what are you lot celebrating for?' to his team if he'd bagged 5th with a performance like Dovizioso's? They may not want to celebrate with him anyway after the slaggings off he's given them, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little something else in his brake fluid - p!ss probably has a lower boiling temperature, I would guess... sort you're fcking head out, Cal. And, yes, I'd say that to his face. Someone damn well needs to.

I'm genuinely worried for the bloke. I've read Marquez say how important it is that his family are there to guide and support him, and that'll be as important as staying on the bike for him to stay at the top.

Whereas, if I remember right, Cal's press-conference, 'is there a ghost in the Ducati?' joke was followed by a single, sycophantic laugh from the audience. That's a cr@p joke by anyone's standards (I'm looking at you, Stig). Yes-men are not what Crutchlow needs right now.

Reply to this Topic
neti1

Oct 13

neti1 says:

Mods?

Mods, are you out there?

Does this board really need to be ruined by the same few juvenile trolls turning 80% of every thread into a schoolyard p###ing contest?

It wouldn't be so bad if the Ignore function actually worked ...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

An effort of sorts Huw...

..but no cigar I'm afraid!..

..It's not Crutchlow suffering at the hands of 'yes' men, it's Ducati themselves. That's been the inherent problem for years now. They need someone with big enough balls who in twenty years time will be more disappointed with the things they didn't say, than the things they did..

This issue is bigger than Cal or Andy though, it's about having another manufacturer fighting at the pointy end of the championship, and if it take's someone outspoken like Crutchlow to instigate the change to a degree, then so be it..

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

CHRist

"and if it take's someone outspoken like Crutchlow to instigate the change to a degree, then so be it."

Casey Stoner told them to piss off and left to Honda, Valentino Rossi told them the same and went to Yamaha... I think the point was made very clear in the past. The bike doesn't work. The approach needs a total revamp. Cal is not outspoken, he is inmature and obviously in... denial of his real skills. He'd probably tought "hey, if I tame the beast that VR couldn't I'll be the hero, the new Stoner..." Well Crutchy, welcome to reality.

Reply to this Topic
TheApexTwin

Feb 14

TheApexTwin says:

CHR

Cheers, mate - that's proper made my day. You think I'm Benny, and I'm half convinced Buelligan thinks I'm Bulto (did I guess right?). Now you were warned about psychotropics and paranoia, you naughty boy...

ElD just pointed it out - the hardline approach solved nothing for Ducati, no reason for Cal to succeed where others failed. What I was trying to say was Cal may need someone to tell it like it is to him. That's a part of real support - pointing out faults. If he asked 'does my @rse look big in these leathers, what would you say?

And his reaction to Dovi (who I've been far from complimentary about thus far) was just sh!tty. If Cal had've (note 'VE instead of OF - see? not Benny) got the same result with the same performance, he'd be rightly proud, and I would too. That was a milestone result on that bike. Not there yet, but genuine reason to feel good. But because Cal's having some bad luck with his bike, he's coming out with seriously ungracious stuff.

When he's in a positive mood, he's very capable. Last year, first half of the season I had hopes for him. But he talked himself off a better bike, and lost focus when he signed for Ducati, and that showed a total lack of respect for Tech 3 who gave him another year. He should've stayed on that bike, end of story.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices