Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi to race on with new chassis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi to race on with new chassis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi to race on with new chassis

It may only offer a minimal gain in feeling on corner entry, but Valentino Rossi will continue to race a new Yamaha chassis he rode to a brilliant second place in Jerez last Sunday.Rossi spent more time on the new YZR-M1 frame on his way to finishing third quickest in a one-day post race test session at the Jerez track...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 78 days ago (07 May 2014 11:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

The fact is in the UK, bikes are seen as dangerous by the majority of doo gooders. Most sleepy cage drivers hate them too. So sponsorship for up and coming riders is going to be few and far between for UK riders. There's little passion for bikes here in the UK in comparison to Spain.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

dave f

You must be one of the very few people who believe that.(apart from nostro)
The differences may be small but speak to anyone that has knowledge of Moto GP and they will tell you the Honda has an advantage.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

R6nutter6

I tend to agree on the perception of bikers, especially when one have worked as courrier.

But i have to add something, been biking in France, Holland and the UK, the British riders i know are among the best of them, in the wet most of them are safe and fast as well, i learned a lot both on road and track in Britain.

If you guys ask yourself why the Spanish dominates moto gp (after the Americans and Australians), it's simple, they have the "right" culture, it's all about throttle control, in particular dirt-track styles. Read this:

www.cycleworld.com/2014/01/10/dirt-track-training-with-kenny-roberts-and-influence-on-top-level-grand-prix-racing/

CH987: You had some very potent 500 cc riders since Sheene, given better circumstances a guy like Niall Mackenzie could have developed into a champion.

British riders didn't/don't always have the support of the factories the way the Americans or Australian had.

Smith has a lot of potential.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Fox80

May 14

Fox80 says:

Rossi on a Honda

Rossi, Want a CHALLENGE?... what about joining Honda next year and battling Marquez in equal terms....:)))). It would be the best thing for us fans and for the championship.

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

@buell

Hi, the difference is small, so small as to be almost negligible when you see the level of performance Marquez has raised the barr to. He has half a second to spare when pushed, this is significant when you consider Lorenzo and Pedrosa's performance comparative to each other is relatively unchanged. Marquez like Rossi at his peak all those years ago is good enough to make the rest look average, doesn't matter which of the two best bikes you put him on.

Reply to this Topic
Teleblaster

May 14

Teleblaster says:

Hurdyfurdy, Crutchlow has grown as a gp rider on Lorenzo's style M1: break early and smoothly carry lot of corner speed. Lorenzo doesn't ride the same this year, on the same bike, with just slightly different tyres. You can imagine Cal on a Ducati which is the far opposite of the (once) fast flowing Yam. I think Yam priviledged Rossi over Jorge for this year, and Vale is indeed doing good and better so far. Then again Lorenzo deserves some chassis and tyre change for him to try to challenge the Hondas.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Nostrilamus

if you have "2 x N.Z national BEARS titles"

I have 3x National Championships Ulta Plus Deluxe

2x MotoGPs with Pitta Gyro and Barbeque Sauce

5x Endurance Sex Drive and Unlimited Pleasure Championships

... and I eat Kiwis for breakfast and when I feel "constipated"... 

You should write your memoires: "How I raced for the toilet paper... in jail"

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

fox80

Flossi to Honda? baahhahaaaaaahahaa hahahahahhaha

hes burnt a big bridge there, no chance of that happening

Reply to this Topic
Minty Fresh

Mar 08

Minty Fresh says:

Nothing Changes..

Nostro is still a complete f@#k knuckle! 

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nostro the GOAT

I googled "N.Z national BEARS" and all i could find was the following website

http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/2014/national-bear-and-doll-show/christchurch-city

What doll was you Nostro.  The Blue and Yellow one !!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices