Skip to content

Discuss This Honda happy to keep Dani Pedrosa for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda happy to keep Dani Pedrosa for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda happy to keep Dani Pedrosa for 2015

Honda has denied giving serious consideration to axing long-serving factory rider Dani Pedrosa at the end of 2014. Pedrosa has already been strongly linked with Suzuki, with the Japanese factory eager to get a rider of the Spaniard’s speed and experience to lead its MotoGP return in 2015. Pedrosa has made it clear though his priority is to remain with Repsol Honda,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 171 days ago (08 May 2014 11:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

I can't see anyone on the same bike as MM ever threatening him, so It doesn't matter who they choose to partner him. DP is second in the championship, so you can't ask for much more, so they might as well stick with him.   

The rider who I'd like to see on a factory bike is Aleix Espargaro, who I think is doing a good job at the moment.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

HRC are waiting for Mack. They were hoping Bradl would step up, cause they have always said that having 2 Spaniards in their team is not ideal. With Bradl preforming mideocre at best? They wil have to wait for the next big talent, wich is Maverick. There is a lot of super talented riders out there, but most of them are still in Moto3. IMO Rins will be absolutely amazing when he moves up to bigger bikes. 

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

I've ben the hero...

Yep, that record can't be broken unless they change the rules.  Possible...

And that lad is 'oh so loose'. Love him!

p.s. Cap'n Peddy for 2014 WC though...

Reply to this Topic
Roscoe12R

Apr 14

Roscoe12R says:

Will someone please

Will someone please explain to me what in the hell Scott Redding has done in his career that constitutes him getting any factory machine, much less a Repsol Honda.

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

I don't see how its possible to dislike DP, okay he's not a big personality. But he does have a sense of humour, just look at those photos him and Rossi took with the Paddock girls at Jerez, he's dwarfed! 

Year in year out he's up there, and has been so close to a championship, when CS27 joined Honda and upped the game, I honestly thought that was the last we'd see, but he managed to up his game and his pace. Can he do it again, well thats the question, but regardless, whilst Honda are getting a 1-2 in the championship they have no reason to let him go. 

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

Dani aint going...

You can only have a #1 and #2. There's no tie for a championship. So Honda has the best already. Bradl and Bautista are on factory bikes. They not picking up the podiums. Marquez is the fastest but hes on the ragged edge, playing the odds. 1 mistake and a few DNS and Danis could be leading the championship. DP is the guy who broke Moaner at Sachsenring and dominated him the rest of the season. Fact is fact.. Look it up if you need. They wouldn't want Jorge, hes not beating Dani consistently this year tho JLo might want to move to HRC

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Will someone please

This thread is about Dani Pedrosa , but I'll indulge you ; Youngest GP winner , 2008 125cc Donington Park,14 Podiums and 3 wins in Moto2 , Some seem to think that warrants a crack on a factory Bike and if thats what they want then thats what they'll have . What did Spies do? what did Crutchlow do? what did ........................ it all comes down to what the ad men want . Personally I dont think British riders are good enough for factory bikes , seems a waste as they wont win on them , seems to be a Northern European trait , screaming and getting all excited at 6th in a Moto3 GP , theres no logic in who gets rides , just someone with a budget and a hunch .Aleix Espargaro in my opinion has earned a factory ride , but will he get one? will he f....,

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Dani and HRC

After seeing the season so far i cannot imagine Honda wanting rid of Dani. He is a class act and is the perfect no.2 rider. His performances are spot on at the minute for what Honda need him for. I imagine that Yamaha and Honda will retain their current line ups for the 2015 season. Which is a shame because i would like to see some new talent given a chance on a good bike.

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Richard1967

Spot on 

Reply to this Topic
davecjd31

Mar 05

davecjd31 says:

Jorge Lorenzo

I think Jorge believes he's good enought to beat MM but doesn't have the bike underneath him to beat him.  I think he'll approach HRC to ride for them so it's then down to HRC to decide if the either want to run 3 bikes, get rid of DP or turn down JL?

Would be interesting to see DP on a Yamaha if he left Honda, with his corner speed I think he'd suit the M1.

Interesting times!

Bring back Stoner and put him head to head with MM too :-)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices