Skip to content

Discuss This New Africa Twin: Grab a classic adventure bike General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New Africa Twin: Grab a classic adventure bike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New Africa Twin: Grab a classic adventure bike

MCN first uncovered patent and trademark files in the summer of 2013 pointing towards a new Africa Twin and now it looks like the bike is just a few months away from being launch. The original, 750cc Honda Africa Twin, launched in 1989 was one of the first adventure touring bikes and paved the way for bikes such as the BMW...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 106 days ago (09 May 2014 17:09)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

10,000 miles in 24 years!!!? Beats me why some people bother to buy a bike. 416 miles a year!! I'll bet I walk a lot further than that. What a waste! Still, a bargain for someone who might want to RIDE it!

Reply to this Topic
robertotoole

Feb 13

robertotoole says:

It's usual for an R100GS to have gone through at least a couple of speedos in 20 years. Always important to authenticate through MOTs etc.

Reply to this Topic
robertotoole

Feb 13

robertotoole says:

Speedos as in speedometers, not as in swimming trunks.

Reply to this Topic
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

Seat

The seat on that new Africa Twin looks like it would smash your bollocks to feckin smithereens! Smashed gonads anybody?:upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RideTheLightening

Aug 12

I have always wanted one.... the Varedero failed to impress.... If Honda gets this one right... I might buy one...as long as they realize real bike enthusiasts arent all rich....so a sub 10k price is essential... otherwise.... 50% of their customers will look elsewhere...

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

True to the DAKAR spirit...

This computer mock up, compared to the latest BIG so called off road/multi use tourer's such as Bmw and Ktm at least stays TRUE, to the DAKAR form.

Bmw GS, Yamaha Tenere 12, Suzuki V-Strom mk2, Honda Varadero, to name but a few, have sold out in the name of road bias where these bikes are concerned.

Time to get back to the factory off road look, but with real life touring capabilities and comfort, that should tax the designers brains...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Displacement?

Sub-$10k! You're almost certain to be dissapointed. Things aren't getting cheaper unless you go smaller. If this even approaches 1,000cc it will be north of $10k.

Reply to this Topic
nordicbiker

Oct 09

nordicbiker says:

The combination <200kg,><10.000 euro="" and="" 18/21="" wheels="" would="" be="" irrestiable.="" i="" am="" just="" hoping="" the="" design="" will="" be="" more="" modern="" than="" the="" one="" shown="" here.="" german="" motorcycle="" magazine="" motorrad="" showed="" a ="" drawing="" which="" looks="" more="" realistic="" to="" me="" that="" the="" one="" shown="" here.="" plastic="" covers="" over="" the="" break="" disks?="" haven't="" seen="" that="" for="" decades!="">

But honestly: it would make me even more glad if CCM would manage to find a distributor here in Sweden for it's 450. Lighter is better and I don't need 100hp!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices