Skip to content

General GSXR 1000 K8 flat spot Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > GSXR 1000 K8 flat spot

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

widget1962

Jun 09

widget1962 says:

GSXR 1000 K8 flat spot

Hi , 

Would appreciate any advice on this  :- 

Bike bought new, UK model. Fitted with PC3 & Micron cans. Bike has now covered 8K miles. 

When pulling away , with a small throttle opening there is a slight stutter just above idle speed. Problem seems to be getting worse. In the old days I would have got the carbs balanced. Any ideas ? Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers. Pete. . 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 198 days ago (09 May 2014 23:01)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

widget

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your gixxer... I don't know the answer ...but you might try the tech forums over at gixxer.com ..loads of info over there... and fellow gixxer owners :winkie:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

PC3.

My R1 (2003) did this and once noticed it got increasingly annoying. I found another Power Commander map (PC3 USB) which wasn't wildly different but, if I recall correctly, richened the mixture just above idle. That fixed it.

Reply to this Topic
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

it can be "re-mapped"

actually you can do it yerself , but personally ..get it down to yer local " dyno run " geeks ...and they,ll fuck around with it ..till its spot on .. 

Reply to this Topic
widget1962

Jun 09

widget1962 says:

Thanks

Hi Men ,

Thanks for the advice and info. I should have added that it does it with or without the PC3 fitted. Its been over serviced if anything by me. There seems to be no error codes and the red injection light goes out as it should.  The one thing that I haven't done is balance the throttle bodies. So I think a trip to the dealers might be next. Thanks again.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices